Noob here... Looking for info on Boxing a DUO

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Poosammich, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Poosammich

Poosammich New Member

I'll likely go ahead, and make a 3rd toon too. But I'm more interested in a DUO that involves a Necro. I simply can't dig me heels in, and truly play a different class. I've tried, but I digress.

What I'm thinking thus far is either Necro/Shammy, Necro/ Chant, or Necro / Rogue(can BS feared Mobs right?)... I'll obviously need something I can control with minimal effort, for me thats probably the Necro.... Either way looking for something I can XP with well. I won't be DUO'ing groups likely, and other than the Necro side of things I'm open to suggestions!

One alternative I've thought of is Lvling a Druid specifically to PL my other toons. This one may win out as my first toon, but the money earning side of a Druid is not as drastic as it is/was on P99/live... I've only recently started there too, and overall the server has just been live too long, and they don't allow boxing.

2. Quaos

Quaos New Member

I would choose Necro/Beast, Necro/Druid, Necro/Bard or Necro/Mage over the duos you listed but that's just my personal opinion. In classic, necro/mage will absolutely tear through content.

However, the duos you listed aren't "bad" so choose whatever you think you'll have the most fun with!

3. iance

iance New Member

Druid and Necro is a good duo, and that way you will work on a PL machine at the same time :)

4. Poosammich

Poosammich New Member

I def thought that about the Druid because of the Root/DoT mentality that works for them... I have a few weeks at least before it rolls over to live, so I may try a few, but I think the Druid/Necro may win out... Druids don't have an XP Penalty I don't think, cuz lord knows if ain't an Iksar it's only almost a Necro =]

**EDIT

Thanks for the input! I'll just have to Trial, and Error for now, but should be able to sort it out. =]

5. sourdiesel

sourdiesel Active Member

Necro/Druid is a good duo. You will have sow, heals, ds, buffs, dots, nukes, ports... all of which supplement necro while rot dotting or fear kiting.

Necro/Mage and Necro/Beastlord is also pretty good.

Mage would give you pet dps, ds, pet weapons, malo if you charm.
    Beastlord would give you pet dps, sow, slow, ghetto shaman buffs/heals and of course Spiritual Light.

6. tolixs

tolixs New Member

If you need an easy to play toon, do not do a rogue. You can backstab while snared and even easier while feared, but it gets old very quickly and won't be very effecient. As others mentioned, necro/druid is a great duo, and solves your lvling up a druid anyways to powerlvl toons. Want an easy addition for a trio, throw a mage/wiz/beast in there. Wiz is easiest, just throw a nuke every mob or if you want to be like most wizards, burn all your mana on a mob, then "afk" on that toon for 10 minutes while u med. Mage pet is great plus having a second tank for non kiting circumstances with the nukes thrown in also. Beast would be great if you plan on doing alot of scenarios where you need a tank and pet just can't handle tanking without having slow.

7. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

Necro/Bard For super fast necro kites and mana/health regen when needed.
    Add in a chanter and have a trio that just owns with bard on perma mezz duty with chanter pet.

8. lurari

lurari People Like Me

Necro/necro.

9. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

oh god no :p

10. necra

necra People Like Me

necro/shammy adds slows so gives the option of tanking on the shammy and dpsing on necro or can even tap/rune tank in pov and higher with decent gear on a slowed mob using the necro.
    shammies on there own are awesome for soloing named mobs and adding necro pulling and dps can only improve things
    shammy and necro have about equal mana regen through lich and canny so you shouldnt really have downtime

i always felt on my necro on alkabor that i couldnt beat solo exp kiting which could get boring, so you need to add an extra dimension to your play with the box that you are going to add. shammy and bst's would do this the best i feel.

11. Cronz

Cronz New Member

I think it all comes down to playstyle. in the end well be at pop so id like to think that its in everyones mind for a box.
    If u like me, like to main the necro in the box your creating it will come down to utility...if necro is your 2nd then id throw up bard,shammy,bst as the mains.
    >as a kiting class we already own. Bard speed make this ridic. though i stress distance in planar zones ;)
    you do have somewhat tanking capability (think oldworld) also SHTF buffer, if your bard is well geared and u use the class well.

> the druid was alright.but youll be stuck on open plains and kites or druid frogs. i suppose the extra tics from 9,port convenience, and perma sow pots is arguable.

>shaman .this is one is purely dependent on how well u play shammy. option for many nameds (i summon you!) with shammy tyactics.

in classic setting a Mage and necro would be a very dangerous duo. in pop era the mage would be assimilated into my chanty geared box.

nec/nec is best if the 2nd nec is a friend. playing aggro ball is boring by yourself.... XD

12. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

By the time PoP rolls around on this server you will have had time to level every class to 60 if you wanted.

Videri-Tala likes this.