New to server, various questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gnazzles, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Gnazzles

Gnazzles New Member

Hi everyone!

I'm a former player from p99 and I'm moving to this server with a few friends in hopes that it's more casual friendly than toxic high end raid scene on that server. My irl brother will be joining me here and we will both be 3 boxing and I'm seeking advice on various topics.

The first question, I've heard that you can have 10 accounts on this server and swap characters around on those accounts as needed at your leisure. I've also heard that you're limited to having 3 accounts logged in and one vendor account. How exactly does this work? Is this based on IP or simply based on the number of characters logged in associated with that account? The reason I'm asking is that I need to know if we both need to make separate accounts in order to both 3 box to form a full group or if we can share one account and he logs in 3 chars from his PC and I log in 3 chars from my PC with all characters from the same account. If we only need one account, this simplifies things since I will not have to put a lot of thought on which chars/classes will be associated with his account and which with mine for optimal buffing and utility.

The second question I have is, how big of a difference does deity matter after PoP is released? I recall in some cases in velious certain classes get major upgrades by choosing a specific deity. For example wizards generally are better off going sol ro for the cheaply made int/mana rings. Tunare druids get a clicky root necklace and an awesome pair of gloves w/ DS clicky and karana druids get nothing similar in comparison. Just to name a couple examples off the top of my head. Are any new diety specific quests added during the PoP era? Are new comparable items added that will make choosing karana instead of tunare as a druid much less of a sacrifice then it is during the velious era?

How easy is it to get PotG, KEI and other buffs in bazaar or PoK? Is it a big enough pain that I should roll characters just for buffing or is it fairly easy to buy buffs from other players?

Finally, do you have any suggested items any newbie casting class on this server should try to get early on? I quit on live before the focus effects existed so don't know much about them, but it seems like some could have a huge impact.

Anyways, thanks for the help everyone! I look forward to seeing you all in game! :)

2. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

for the first question : you'll both need your own accounts in order to log in 3 each (and IP exemptions if you play from the same house)

second question : I don't think deity makes much difference in PoP, it has some benefits in luclin (stuff like fierce heraldic armor etc). Also golden idols are better for some classes than others, but velious gear is generally better than golden idols. There's some quests like innoruuk snare neck for clerics and shamans (i think, maybe just 1 of those 2).

Right now KEI isn't in yet, it drops in luclin which is still a ways off. We'll also get MGB in luclin and I'd imagine that people will fire mgb's off quite often.

Black alloy medallion from runnyeye has mana pres 2 on it, which works up to 44ish spells I think, it's pretty handy early on. There's also another quest item that people do here early on for the focus effect, I think it takes you into droga but I forget what it is... like a mask or necklace or something.

welcome to the server

Quirk and Gnazzles like this.
  3. Suriinya

Suriinya Well-Known Member

I've never charged a single copper for buffing people, and I (among others) used to regularly MGB KEI in PoK after announcing it to the whole server. I imagine that I'll do that again, once the requisite spell and AAs are earned.

Mambo, Neealana and Gnazzles like this.
  4. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Welcome :)

As Elroz mentioned, there are a couple of fun/easy PoK quests that give very nice starter gear for casters. Holly's Replacement Parts gives a ring with Mana Preservation II, and The Magic Pool gives a mask with Spell Haste II.

Mambo, Gnazzles and Quirk like this.
  5. benoeb

benoeb People Like Me

Ah, Surii bringing back the memories of MGB KEI in PoK. Now I think about it and I'm sad because I haven't had KEI since 4 months before original AK was powered off into the sunset.

Gnazzles and Mambo like this.
  6. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

I had kei often during alpha

/wink Speedz

Gnazzles likes this.