New player here :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheAmarant, Nov 26, 2016.

1. TheAmarant

TheAmarant New Member

Hello!

Just starting out on this server, my background is in EQLive and especially the private server Shards of Dalaya. Having switched my gaming pc for a macbook and moved abroad Al'Kabor seems like the natural home for me now and i am really exited to get into some EQ.

Because of my schedule and timezone (shanghai) i expect to be mostly soloing so i wonder what class would be good for that. I have always had a soft spot for pet classes such as NEC. I am currently trying out an Iksar NEC and it's pretty fun but i really worry that faction will bite me in the ass later. Bard have also been a class on my list, something iv'e always been curious to run but really don't know much about.

Anyway, what are your recommendations, tips and tricks for a guy like me?:D

ps. Might as well mention i never really liked boxing ;)

2. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

We have quite a few azn/aus time zoners and a bunch of no life eurotrash who would match your playtime.

TheAmarant likes this.
  3. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Bum stop acting like new people here know who you are. The euro trash comments make you look like an asshole.

4. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Amaranth, stick with the necro for now and see how you like it; this server isn't going anywhere.

5. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

I never boxed back in the day either. It's honestly been a new fun challenge and being able to go camp my own loot has been fun as hell. I'd suggest you at least two box. Have a healer or slower. For the most part you should be able to ask a trio if you could join them if you get tired of soloing.

6. TheAmarant

TheAmarant New Member

Alright sounds good :D, i'll run around the Lake of Ill omen some more. I gotta say i didn't know that EQMac was so behind on updates, no map! It's like a new game for me.

7. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

Welcome!

TheAmarant likes this.
  8. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Thx for the lulz

9. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

I don't believe Bum is actually an asshole, he just plays one on TAKP

10. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me