New live progression server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shortok, May 1, 2015.

1. shortok

shortok People Like Me

Some interesting stuff (see: Original Population):
    https://www.reddit.com/r/everquest/comments/32q7f3/new_progression_server_faq_and_upcoming_poll/

May have some interesting opportunities for data collection? Maybe they'd be willing to just share the monster/quest data, given their new relationship with p99? (probably not)

Eww.

Last edited: May 1, 2015
  2. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Is anybody going to play this seriously? They are reverting some zones to older era versions, which is an invaluable data collecting opportunity. I'm seriously considering playing here just for that purpose, but I probably won't if I have to slog it out and beg for mediocre groups just to reach the level cap. Any professional no-lifers I can group with? Or better yet, let me use your future 50 monk so I don't have to level at all.

3. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I am considering trying it out. The slow pace is appealing. The old zones too. Might take some logs while at it.

Haynar

4. pharmakos

pharmakos People Like Me

i'm probably going to play for a bit, but i have no idea how seriously.

if your goal is just data collection, the Beta server is up now with free access for everyone. check the announcements section on the EQLive forums for details.

5. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Beta server require all access to get on? Or will a f2p account work?

6. Rdyott

Rdyott Member

from what people have said. the beta server is F2P but you get all access as a bonus for being on beta server

7. Callixtus

Callixtus New Member

Beta is open to all but from what I have read when it goes live you will need All Access in order to play on it.

They will be doing a beta character wipe.

Q: Will the Ragefire Beta be restricted by account level?

No. Accounts of all membership levels will be able to access the Beta server for this testing period. We need as many people as we can get!

Q: Will Ragefire be restricted by account level?

Yes, you will need to be an All Access member in order to access the Ragefire server.

Callixtus/Iomadan/Xalithix/Nilno

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  8. souske

souske Well-Known Member

From my experience of playing on the last 2 progression servers, this server is going to feel very much like EQ live except with content locked out. They have made so many code changes to EQ Live that it would be extremely time consuming if not impossible to revert to an almost original like state. For example, augmentations are going to be enabled on day one. There are also many changes to the spells and what lvls they are acquired, etc that might reflect EQ Live. We are used to the every 4 or 5 lvls for new spells, however on EQ Live a caster gets a new spell every level. This would just be some of the issues that a progression server by SOE now Daybreak games would have. The list really goes on and on.

9. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

After about 2 days of consideration. Not gonna play on progression server. Are you kidding? The never ending grind. Always being behind. Never enough raid time.

Nope. Can't make me do it.

Haynar

10. pharmakos

pharmakos People Like Me

like others said, F2P works. also, /betabuff is in, so you can start out with a fully geared level 50 toon of any class. which is perfect for going around packetsniffing, no EXP grinding required first.

11. souske

souske Well-Known Member

Thats right, I went into plane of fear today and it was fully populated without a single soul in there. CT was down however, but the 3 golems were up. I made a lvl 60 druid and pretty much trained the entire zone and ended up dying when I went into the Amy temple. If you want logs of pofear and pohate mobs and additional kunark zones because they just opened up kunark, lets set a date and time here between now and the 20th and we can group up and get some logs.

12. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I've been on the beta server since they put it up. The only zone I needed data on that was open was CT. If they just opened hate and the hole, then that's fantastic.

I'm not packet sniffing though; I'm saving showEQ screens, NPC lists, making zone run-through videos, logging emote messages, parsing max hitpoints, and measuring aggro radii.

Oiwon and Neealana like this.
  13. surron

surron People Like Me

doing gods work

Oiwon likes this.
  14. Oiwon

Oiwon People Like Me

I'm on a mac and i'm too lazy to get it all set up and start on another server