Naggy and Lady Vox raid

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gardnerjens, Jan 4, 2021.

1. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

Just like the trio box challenge, i have been asked if it was possible to visit these old encounter with a raid, maybe even a single box raid. Let me know if there is any interest.

I know this trivial for the majority of the server, but regardless i think it would be interesting

Mukk and Lyrina like this.
  2. Lyrina

Lyrina Member

I am very interested into this :). Would love to see these raids happen, the legit way. Wasn't there since... like 20 years. Would be a blast, to see the Lord & the Lady again :).

3. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

The biggest challenge to getting something like this going is convincing the current farmer of the dragons to leave them up for your open raid.

I am not sure how many different people on the server have trios set up to farm them, but you have to convince all of them to leave them up. Lately they've been getting killed shortly after reset and shortly after respawn the 2nd week.

I think a single box raid for them would be fun, but I would highly suggest not allowing level 60s to attend and making sure the giants are up. The dragons feel far more underwhelming if you have level 60s clear all the giants out.

Lyrina and Neealana like this.
  4. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

Oh I have kept a tank <=52 just in case this ever happened ) And a cleric, too !

Lyrina likes this.
  5. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

I have a 52 rogue for this

Lyrina likes this.
  6. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

I'm interested. I have a 52 bst

Lyrina likes this.
  7. Smudge

Smudge People Like Me

I have a 52 Necro

Lyrina likes this.
  8. gardnerjens

Sounds already like we just need to pick a date and save it :)

Lyrina likes this.
  9. Lyrina

Lyrina Member

This is very exciting! Can't wait, to see this happen :). But what about the permacampers? Are they a problem?

10. CHL05

CHL05 New Member

I would be interested, 51 mage, or BL, or druid

Lyrina likes this.
  11. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

I think a group would need an enchanter, or at least a bard before trying Lady Voxx.
    And really should be a raid of singles ( before asking the people who have worked up their own Vox/Naggy teams )
    Personally, I need nothing from these dragons.

Lyrina likes this.
  12. Lyrina

Lyrina Member

I think, the most players don't need any drops from these two dragons ;-). But i would love to see this happen, just for the fun of it :).

13. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Nagafen and Vox are up currently. You should probably schedule it quick before someone else kills them.

Wellmine and Lyrina like this.
  14. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Some one killed them last evening, so I'd suggest aiming for a Wednesday evening or Thursday morning next week. There isn't a guarantee that they will be up then though, I never really figured out their exact respawn its close to 7 days but not sure the variance.

Lyrina likes this.
  15. gardnerjens

hmm if we can push this for thursday next week 2 pm est that would be sweet, but i dont know if people will leave them up for that long

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
    Lyrina likes this.
  16. gardnerjens

i just changed it again to Thursday next week

Lyrina likes this.
  17. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

I'm unlikely to make it at that time on thurs, but I can try. A weekend excursion might suit the various timezones better.

Lyrina likes this.
  18. gardnerjens

If people want we can move it Saturday the 16th 2 pm est?

Lyrina likes this.
  19. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

That works for me if she's still up by then

Lyrina likes this.
  20. Lyrina

Lyrina Member

16th January, 2PM EST. Here the TZC for it: CLICK

21. eldrich

eldrich New Member

can we figure out a rotation for this so that we don't have to continuously compete with people poopsocking them at reset.

this server is pretty polite, so I cannot see setting up a rotation being terrible. question is, who would need to be "at the table" for that discussion.

Lyrina likes this.
  22. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

The person who has been "poopsocking" them lately has kindly agreed not to kill them this week when they respawn.

I don't think an official rotation is necessary or even prudent, however. Rotations are typically made between guilds for raidworthy content. If not for the level 52 limit, these dragons would be no different from the likes of fear golems, master yael, phinny, etc which are all FFA.

If someone decides they want to kill these more regularly then I would say it's up to them to talk with the person who has been killing them and attempt to reach an agreement.

Lyrina likes this.
  23. eldrich-family

eldrich-family Member

i think that's exactly what is being suggested.

Lyrina likes this.
  24. Lyrina

Lyrina Member

REMEMBER! Tomorrow is the day of days!

Sharpen your blades, train your pets, warm up your spells and polish your helmets!

Tomorrow we face Lady Vox and Lord Nagafen!

May the gods of Norrath be with us!

Break likes this.
  25. eldrich-family

eldrich-family Member

BOTH?!?! whoa, this might blow my kids minds. two raid target firsts in one day for them.

:)

Mokli and Lyrina like this.
  26. eldrich-family

eldrich-family Member

do we have a meetup plan atm? meet up in stone spider room? meet up in king room in perma?

Lyrina likes this.
  27. Lyrina

Lyrina Member

This is a good question. The raid is led by Bisben and I'm sure he'll have something to say about it in time (whether it's here on the forum or in the Alliance channel in-game).

Gosh, im so exited about this :-D.

28. gardnerjens

I say we start from Solb zone in, since we then can do a clear, that will feel more like it would back then

Lyrina likes this.
  29. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

Any rules/suggestions about bringing higher level back up ? e.g. clerics for aego, etc.

Lyrina likes this.
  30. gardnerjens

It would be helpful, but 2e could also just start at darkbank?

Lyrina likes this.