Money

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Verdent, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Verdent

Verdent People Like Me

So, I don't know if this is my business and wont affect my donation to the cause but how is TAKP doing money wise? Based on current funds could you guys continue to run the server another year? 5? 10?

Love all the hard work you guys are putting in, thanks again.

2. Neopolitan

Neopolitan Member

I'm curious about this as well. Currently I play on p99 but I think the idea of a fresh server and getting in on the early game stuff will be awesome. But not if the server is going to be vastly different where its all boxers and no one interacts.

Is the goal to mimic what EQ Mac was like? Any over view of what this server will be like at the high end?

3. prattrs

prattrs Active Member

I don't think you need to worry about interaction here. From what I've seen, people are very chatty in Alliance, and folks are very happy to group. I've had people drop parts of their duo/trio in favor of another player multiple times so far.

4. Tesadar

Tesadar Active Member

I dont think this is something they can discuss openly (legally) but if you PM speedz you may get some answers. Im not sure.

5. Tesadar

Tesadar Active Member

As for the other questions. Al'kabor was one of the best communities available in Everquest or any MMO (Ive played them all)

People on AK were extremely helpful, trolling was minimal and there was ALWAYS groups. Here we also have a current box limit of 3 characters per player. Content is considered classic so mobs still require groups to kill so youll always find a group.

AK only went to POP expansion and stopped there so a lot of the older pre-pop content is still very viable and fun to do. We all know EQ turned to shit after POP anyways. Cheers guys!

6. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

If most of the current team keeps with it over the months and years, I foresee this server outlasting EQ live. Tall statement, yes, but with every new expansion they release, the population takes a hit. IMO, an expansion hasn't been good since HoT and great since SoF. They keep moving further and further away from the fundamentals.

They could always do fund drives if it gets bad.

7. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

I will likely be working on this till I fall over and take a dirt nap. EQ up to PoP is where I enjoyed online games the most.
    It was my first mmo and likely will be my last. I don't know about the other guys. But I have zero plans to stop ever.
    Take breaks? Maybe, so far there has been little in the way of a break from rob or myself since before AK closed.

I learned much of what I now know about databases, scripting, coding, and game mechanics from this project.
    Prior I messed with EQEmu in general and some things in Secondlife. But nothing like here.

I will give general answers to this as I can understand the why, but all donations go to hosting fees,
    I will never solicit for them beyond that lil note on the forums, nor do I think it is right to.

Hope that answers it well :) Play on die lots! haha

8. Sturmm

Sturmm Well-Known Member

You may not solicit, but I think it safe to say for most everyone here that if we ever met up with you in real life, you wouldn't need to buy your own beer (or drinks of choice) that night.

9. mad4plaps

mad4plaps New Member

Hey Speedz can you PM me? I have a question but I can't seem to message you, nor do I think it is appropriate for a public thread.