Maelin's Noobie Question Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maelin, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Maelin

Maelin Member

Had a few random questions. Right now I've been back to leveling my Pal/Shm/Mage combo which has been pretty fun! I really see myself grinding into the low 50s with my toons but then would like to spend the majority of my time grouping beyond that. With that in mind:

1) Are there enough high lvl groups 51-60 to do little solo in this level range?
    2) If I have a Pal/Shm/Mage combo will any of the top guilds recruit me based on class need?
    3) Would having only 2 characters from 51-60 grouping be more attractive due to the xp bonuses?

Right now I'm low enough level to swap out a box or two and feel like I might be better off approaching the end game on something like Rog/Wiz.

More noobie questions to follow based on responses :)

2. Pane

Pane Member

1) I'm not personally high enough yet to comment on this.

2) I think most guilds would take anyone. Our population is low. I don't know the inner workings of the raid guilds here, but on AK no one was ever rejected from Temerity based on their class. There's more of a need for people who log in then any one particular class.

That being said. I think the trio you have is all pretty popular classes.

I don't think any guild in the history of the world has been like omg we need more KNIGHTS. Shamans are always popular boxes so can be boxed on a raid for buffs / slows if need be. And mages are great but start to see some real separation between them and other classes end game when it comes to DPS.

Wizards and Rogues are top tier DPS and pretty rare here it seems.

Play whatever class you have the most interest in. I played a cleric on AK and eventually got kind of bored of raiding as a cleric. While I loved the class outside of raids, I decided to go shaman here because I've never raised as one and I love shamans as well. Might switch it up before all is said and done about what my "main" will be.

3) I would direct you to read Bob Barkers response on page one of this thread. But TLDR of his post is that you get more exp with a third box in group then with just two rooms due to the group bonus and our exp bonus.

http://www.takproject.net/forums/index.php?threads/cant-motivate-myself.6937/

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  3. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

1) Yes. You may want to solo certain camps you can hold on your own, but there are groups.
    2) Guilds on this server need live bodies more-so than classes. At least that's how its been on AK for years and years.
    3) In some situations you may only want to group 2 of your characters. Some situations you may want three. Level up what youre most comfortable playing and if you have to add or drop a character along the way, you can always do that.

It kinda sounds like you want to be a more popular or needed class. In this case, I would say in no particular order these are the most needed:
    Main Clerics
    Main Enchanters
    Wizards
    Rogues

From my experience, there are a lot of boxed enchanters, clerics, shamans, mages. However, boxed chanters/clerics don't perform quite the same in raids and groups as a main would.

4. benoeb

benoeb People Like Me

Depends on the times you play. Lots of Euros and North American East Coast players. I'm West Coast and pickings are pretty slim for groups. Thats why the wife and I both 3 box.

One of my three is a paladin and while very capable will never be asked to tank on a bleeding edge raid. Only knights who tank very commonly that I know of are Gadzooks and Marvn whom are both very well geared. Both were geared through end game kunark raids such as Trak, Chardok, Veeshan's Peak, etc. Most people who 3 box on the server that have every intention of tanking on raids that are cutting edge box warrior, cleric, and third is typically a chanter or shaman.

Most of the time guilds will not actively recruit you to join them. You will have to apply to join sans you coming from a top 3 raiding guild and you leave them and someone else wants the sloppy seconds.

Nope, you get the best exp bonus of having 4 or more group members.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  5. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Destiny's recruitment has been closed a while.

100 toon raids with velious~