Mac client sability

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ketsumodoki, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Ketsumodoki

Ketsumodoki New Member

the mac client seems way more stable for this server then the pc client. i have it running on hackintosh mac OSX 10.10 on a dell Xps intel core i5 vs an alienware laptop running windows 10 with a core i7

2. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Well, this is a mac server with PC support literally hacked-in.

Neealana likes this.
  3. benoeb

benoeb People Like Me

Huh? I run 3 boxes every day on Windows 7 x64 and Windows 10 x64 (while I'm at work) without issues. No crashing, no lag, no instability issues. Then again I'm using Haynar's super dope client fix for PC. Did you get the version off the wiki or trying to use the Secret's client?

Do you have any examples of said instability? Any logs or error messages? Is this purely anecdotal?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  4. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

The biggest PC instability is if you try to change accounts on same session. If you ever back out to login screen, you are going to crash when you get in game.

Never back out and switch accounts. Always back all the way out and shut down client if u need to change clients. Start a new session.

5. Ketsumodoki

Ketsumodoki New Member

i was using secrets client when i was playing it on pc and id always crash during a zone or get a memory message with a bunch of 000's sometimes when i tried to start it other times it would work just fine but i never had issues on the mac client even running hackintosh

6. benoeb

benoeb People Like Me

Don't use that client.