Luclin Gearing Advice

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Akreus, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Akreus

Akreus New Member

Heyo,

Having a blast playing on this server. Being able to 3-box and play at my own pace has been exactly what I was looking for.

I'm not too familiar with Luclin (and eventually PoP gearing). Are there any recommended gear lists per class for these expansions? I've been referring to the p1999 wiki for per class gear lists but I don't want to waste time hunting vanilla EQ gear it there are better Luclin alternatives.

Thanks!

2. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

Most decent Luclin gear comes from raid events, but there are a few pieces that drop in the hollowshade war like Eye of the Owlbear Mother (FT 1 range item), or quested items like Loyalist Shield of Honor.

The emp key quest results in a solid ring and is on the path to the best loot in the expansion (Vex Thal).

Break likes this.
  3. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Level and classes you play would be helpful for people to provide suggestions.

I would be suggesting different things for a Mage/Necro/Enchanter trio in their 40s than I would be suggesting for a Monk/Shaman/Druid trio at 60 for example.

4. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

His sig says sk shm mag which should be able to topple many things.

5. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

People have signatures displayed?

lurari likes this.
  6. Akreus

Akreus New Member

Ah, sorry! Yes, SK / SHM / MAG. All mid 20s right now.

7. Mitya

Mitya Well-Known Member

EverQuest has always been interesting to me in terms of gear. I think it's unique how they make gear happen sort of organically from when you're a noob and naked to where you'll be doing a dungeon and just "something" better will eventually drop. With your setup, you should be able to get most of the good camp-able vanilla gear and get your team into a good place.

Saenayil is right though, most of the Luclin gear doesn't come until a bit later when you start doing things like VT. I would say focus on buffing the heck out of that SK and getting him as much AC/HP/Avoidance as possible and he will be the backbone of your group.

When you get to level 45-50sh, I always liked doing the Thurg quests in Velious for class armor. They're usually really good.

8. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Oh heavens an extra .002 ms of scrolling.

pharmakos and lurari like this.
  9. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Doesn't display on mobile

No one forumquest on desktop

pharmakos and lurari like this.
  10. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

I 3rd person 100% of the time and forumquest on the desktop. I live to defy your norms. And also Norm.
    [​IMG]

pharmakos, Ransom, Bum and 1 other person like this.
  11. lurari

lurari People Like Me

How to gear up in Luclin after you buy your ponies & Solstice earrings:

Step 1) Buy Chardok loot from Bumzaar
    Step 2) ???
    Step 3) Profit!

Bum likes this.
  12. Akreus

Akreus New Member

Thanks for the advice all!