Long time no see guys! Had a few questions...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mitya, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Mitya

Mitya Well-Known Member

Hey guys - just wanted to check in and let everyone know that I miss TAKP and the community. I haven't had much time to play...in fact, I'd say it's probably been more than a year since I've had an opportunity to even get it reinstalled let alone sit down and play. (New computer, family, etc).

But I had a couple of questions (that I think I know the answer to, but wanted to be safe and double check).

1. I might have convinced my wife to give EverQuest a shot... for me, this is a pretty big deal considering she has been a WoW baby and converting her has been a chore, lol.

The question is: How would we be able to both play from the same household? I know there is some sort of IP restriction/exemption policy that we'd have to enact, but I want to make sure I follow the proper procedure. I don't think I could box more than my 2 toons, MAYBE 3 (and even that is really hard for me) and she would only play 1 toon. That would put us over the limit. Would the exemption just be so her computer can log in it's own account for the "4th" toon, as long as she has her own forum username, etc?

2. How would my mileage be if I just wanted to hop on as a single toon and get a group for leveling and some AAs and stuff? I've always wanted to level certain classes like a bard, rogue, or wizard - but I don't feel like going through the trouble of 3-boxing for these specific experiences. Would there be a decent amount of groups, boxers, or guilds that wouldn't mind a tag-along?

3. Luclin was by far my favorite expansion - I read that it just recently launched last month, do the AAs pretty much mirror AK at their core? Is there anything not working or omitted? (just curious - I know some servers have issues with some AAs so they omit some of them).

Thanks in advanced and great job with the launch of Luclin! I hope that TAKP continues to have success and a flood of decent, mature players checking out what they might be missing.

Thunderace likes this.
  2. pharmakos

pharmakos People Like Me

1. she would have to have her own forum account too, but once the exemption is approved you'd each be able to log in 3. pretty straightforward.

2. as time goes on and more players get to level 50+, it does get harder to find groups, but i know people that are still making decent progress single boxing, some of them even playing classes not ideal for soloing. it's tough but doable.

3. mirroring AK perfectly is the goal, i think we're there or just about there. :)

3. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

1. Have her make her own forum account and then petition here or ask in Discord for Rob to enable both of your accounts under IP exemption. You can both have up to ten accounts each, and you can both log in up to 3 of them (each) at any given time.

2. Solo play is no problem and even single players on 3 toons have an incentive to invite you (xp boost)

3. AA are the same as they were on AK, however only three of the five trees are available as any POP abilities require level 61+

4. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Whats wrong with you

Liegezen and lurari like this.
  5. Mitya

Mitya Well-Known Member

Haha! I actually started playing when EQ first launched... I was pretty young and didn't understand much about the game. Kunark came out and I remember those events they had (with the elementals running around and stuff) but something about when Luclin launched felt pretty magical. I liked the idea of the nexus, and the bazaar - and really it was the AAs that I fell in love with.

I absolutely adored the idea of being able to take my character that I loved and just keep playing him and keep making him better. I liked that there were little micro goals I could set for myself (like I'm going to get Dire Charm! Or Mass Group Buff! or..whatever).

Anyway, the expansion itself in terms of content was a bit weird and wonky, but what they added to the game itself was very fun. It's why AK/TAKP had so much appeal to me.

6. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Not sure about that avatar - weirdos use futurama avatars

7. Mitya

Mitya Well-Known Member

Yeahhhh I've always loved me some Futurama - I am sure I could derail my own thread talking about the new Discenchanted he created..

8. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Hold off on that - need at least a month to see it - i am slow

9. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

10. pharmakos

pharmakos People Like Me

11. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

I frankly thought it the most self indulgent crap I've sat through since Bojack. But I only watched episode 1.

12. Morbo

Morbo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

13. Mitya

Mitya Well-Known Member

Can't go wrong with Futurama!