Lf some help with rogue epic fight

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DarkAkuma, Nov 26, 2015.

1. DarkAkuma

DarkAkuma Member

I'm looking for some help with my Rogues epic fight in Kithkor. General V`Ghera. Like on live when I did it, I'm guildless. But unlike live, it would be a waste of time to camp out in Kith all day waiting for a force to come through and ask them if they would be willing to do another round to help me out. On TAK I figure it would be better to ask in a forum post.

So please. Is there anyone planning to do the General any time soon, that wouldn't mind doing a extra kill for me? =)

Or if there was a group and a half of characters willing to just help me out, that would be amazing! But I don't expect that...

There's probably about a 84% chance I'll be looking to buy a MQ kedge robe after too. I don't expect to be in on one even if it did drop while clearing the DE's.

2. Khorpus

Khorpus Well-Known Member

I hope you find your assistance! We're still a bit too low to really be any of assistance else I'd gladly offer our 6 at your disposal. Soon enough though, we're almost 50. 84% huh? That's quite the calculation!

3. DarkAkuma

DarkAkuma Member

Thanks. =)

84% chance is based of the drop chance of the Cazic Quill in the PEQ database (16%). I say "about" because percentages for items in drop tables isn't always exact as they may seem, and there are difference between the PEQ and TAK databases.

Fingers crossed that luck will be with me when/how ever I get General killed, in that it will drop. On both live and PEQ it didn't drop for me when I did my epic fight. I'm not sure I've ever seen it drop for anyone really. =/

4. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

We had a kedge robe drop off a DE before one of our general kills yesterday.

I think an Ishva robe dropped the time before that.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  5. Luddwig

Luddwig Active Member

You have my axe.

Khorpus likes this.
  6. DarkAkuma

DarkAkuma Member

Huge thanks to Senbus and <Destiny> for the help getting my general pouch today! =)

Now I am after all looking to buy a MQ of Kedge robe. For the moment I'll be open to buying SMR and Ishva Robe too, but I plan to start farming them now when I can.

Alternatively, if anyone does any open Phini raids, hit me up! =)

7. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Do Ishva first, SMR will make you so bored you'll want to kill yourself.

8. DarkAkuma

DarkAkuma Member

Lol. That's exactly what I'm doing, for that reason. Made 2 runs through paw trying to remember the way to Ishva Mal already, before I Had to make dinner.

I tried frenzy camp for the first time last week, figuring doing it more for exp. I got bored after 2 spawns, and figured I wouldn't push myself there since I likely had SMR camp coming up. Though I did spend some time camping raster for my Monk. Almost tried camping silver plated legs on the live side. But yea. little here and there to re-familiarize myself with the zone, but nothing more. Magus will be plenty!

9. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

I camped Lord / AM / Frenzy 3-boxing and even all of those were so easy (and the damn AM, so rare) that I got bored and auctioned for an SMR. Had 5 Lord spawns before a single AM and never got a Frenzied.

10. DarkAkuma

DarkAkuma Member

Got my Ishva robe first kill. Mob was up. Only took so long cause I got lost 3 times before I was reminded of the underwater tunnel.

So I'll likely be living there in lguk soon. Thankfully there tons of light blues around, so I'll get some exp.

I saw a frenzied up yesterday. Just didn't feel like running my other over to kill it. I'm used to it and the fbss being uncommon on live, and here its rare. I had much easier/quicker times farming fbss's on live then some of the horror stories I've heard here. I think I recall spending a day farming the Magus with my Wiz for the SMR on live.

11. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Good luck, Uber :)

Also, just in general, feel free to send a tell if you ever need a hand.

12. Oiwon

Oiwon People Like Me

Happy to help if you get enough people just send me a tell or message me ahead of time on here.

13. DarkAkuma

DarkAkuma Member

I guess I over prepared mentally. I decided to go park my trio down at magus, planning to just log in and kill PHers when I felt like it. After killing the PHer that was up when I entered the zone, first spawn was the magus and it dropped the robe! =)

Bum, Yinn Yang and Ghakim like this.
  14. DarkAkuma

DarkAkuma Member

One last bump to this thread.

I finally got my Rogues epic! Huge thanks to, Pkewanay for saving me from what would otherwise have been a 1+ hour long Renux kite, Senbus and <Destiny> for the help getting general killed, and Drunken for sticking it out and helping me kill the Kithicor DE's until they dropped a Kedge robe for me! =)

Lenas and Luddwig like this.
  15. Khorpus

Grats friend, super jelly, super glad you got it. So worth the effort :). And without a guild! Extra awesome points.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  16. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Congrats, pal! An epic without guild support is quite a feat.

Mokli and Khorpus like this.
  17. Seknah

Seknah Member

Congrats! On a side note, what is the respawn of those dark elves, and at what level would be good to camp them for drops not related to the Rogue epic? I want the Warrior weapons for my Warrior! If it is a long respawn I don't want to get in the way of Rogues actually working on their epic.

18. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

They are probably only a few hours. All DE's have always been up whenever we go to do a General fight.

19. DarkAkuma

DarkAkuma Member

The DE's should have either a 8 or 12 hour respawn. Forget which exactly, and I didn't find out myself recently since I just did them once each day. I'd say killing them isn't going to get in the way of Rogues. 1, I guess because theres not many Rogues, and even fewer left without epics. 2 because if you happen to get a Robe of the Kedge, you can MQ it and make a Rogue very happy someday. That said, the DE's arent exactly easy. I could single pull whichever I wanted well enough, but I tried several different configurations of a trio and just couldn't get it killed. Though the ones I needed were a Cleric and a Enchanter. Pulling the Warrior types eliminates the spells which 150MR didn't seems to do much for. But you would still be in for a long fight just to probably go OOM even if your trio was lvl 55 like mine. Lastly, I'm not sure what weapons they drop would be worth the effort. About the only things dropped by any of the DE's worth caring about are the 2 Robes and the rare RBG. They do drop various weapons with a stat or to. Enchanted Fine Steel. But you could probably find someone willing to give you something better. Like I can give you a Green Jade Broadsword if you really want/need it.

20. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Most likely he wants scimitar of ykesha.

21. DarkAkuma

DarkAkuma Member

Ah. I'm just not to familiar with War weapons. In that case though, theres no conflict with the DE's that Rogues want if you were to single pull and kill just the DE that drops it. That scimitar drops from Adjutant D`Kan. A Warrior NPC. Level 53, 11khp, max hit 163. If its worth the effort, I couldn't say. Never played a war on live. Just PEQ with a lot more options open.

22. Seknah

Seknah Member

The scimitar, as with the SSoY and the Ykesha War club are some of the better aggro generation weapons pre-epic for Warrior. SSoY would be easier to get but I like the style that the Scimitar presents. Silken Whip, Obsidian Shard and Sarnak War hammer are also weapons I am aiming for pre-epic for threat generation and aggro control. My boxing setup would make me want Silken Whip and either one of the other weapons so I had snare, though preference would be the Scimitar. Mainly because I think it is an interesting weapon, and being a collector of class specific weaponry, it goes right up my alley as a bonus.

23. Khorpus

This seemed a good a place as any, does this drop on our server? Seems like it would be an amazing offhand for rogue while he's already there for his epic, or of course ranger or bard.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=342

Edit- Nevermind I guess it does, I forget about allaclone sometimes :). Pretty sweet item for just being a drop.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  24. DarkAkuma

DarkAkuma Member

Yea it does. Pretty sure there's at east 2 Rogues on the server with it in offhand. It's pretty much BIS for now. I'd love to buy one, but I doubt I'd find one for sale any time soon. It's pretty much up there with others items I'd love, but arent even worth auctioning for. Like White Dragonscale Cloak, Mrylo BP/Legs, ODS, etc. Stuff that's just not going to drop and not have someone foaming at the mouth to get their hands on it. Me auctioning for the MQ Kedge Robe was borderline worth it, but effectively the same.