Kill big stuff

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kazlan, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Kazlan

Kazlan New Member

So to kill the biggest stuff possible with just a trio what 3 toons should you go for?

Chanter chanter (both charming) and cleric
    Or
    Chanter cleric cleric?

Anything else?

2. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Chanter cleric mage so when you have a break the mob turns on mage pet rq

3. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

Would say in order of biggest risk biggest reward to safest but still strong...

Chanter chanter cleric
    Chanter mage cleric
    Chanter cleric SK (or really any tank) but SK gives most versatility for pulling etc

Personally I don’t like chanter cleric cleric because when Charm breaks the other mob is on your casters and could spell game over quickly especially if it’s not slowable. At least with the above 3 options there’s a backup on the mob that takes its attention away so u can focus on recharming the one pet

At the end of the day... it’s chanter, cleric, and plug in whatever you want ha... I believe druids become a legit 3rd option with dire charm etc too with AAs

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  4. Kazlan

Kazlan New Member

Also do you need to do 1 point dam or 50% to get full exp or none at all?

5. Kazlan

Kazlan New Member

I know the chanter mage cleric option pretty well. Like it for the reasons faults mentions (and malo) but charm pet x 2 would be more dps right?

6. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

With a charm pet or mage pet etc its 1 pt.. with dire charm, I believe its 50%. And yes, hands down 2 charm pets would blow away 1 charm and one mage pet. Nothing can compete with chanter charm pet dps.

7. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Remember this, however:

Some mobs require malo along with tash for charm to hold well.
    Mages can summon weapons and a haste mask.
    Mages can charm stuff in BoT.

Volkmeer, Faults and Slayzz like this.
  8. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Yeah, I think Zamiel's old trio, shaman/chanter/cleric, could well be the best trophy trio team in PoP. Malo on pets really matters in PoP.

Right now, when most charms hold just fine without malo due to big level differences between charmer and charmed, chanter/chanter/cleric is probably best.

For unslowable bosses, or in zones without good charmpets, a raid-geared warrior supported by a bard and cleric might be best. Autoattack, DS and chill. With the right clickies, potions, instruments and AAs, the warrior's DS should approach 200 DPS, comparable to a decent charmpet.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    Slayzz likes this.
  9. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Double break ends the day and its not an if - its a when. Chanter/mage/cleric is probably the strongest combo you will carry throughout pop. If y ou really wanna double charm i suggest animal heavy zones and druid/enc/cleric for 2x charm and 2x ch.

Slayzz likes this.
  10. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Chanter, AM3 ranger, cleric!

Elrontaur likes this.
  11. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

I think this whole questions is predicated on more of a PoP mentality. To my knowledge luclin doesn't have much of that gray area between group and raid content the way, say, wing or tower bosses in BoT might be. And what gray area stuff there is (rhags, burrower) is being rotated at the moment.

Pithy and Slayzz like this.
  12. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

3 chanters are great
    spam bedlam and rune 5 the chance of having 3 charm breaks at the same time is too small

Pithy likes this.
  13. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Eventually your pets are gonna need heals, though!

Slayzz likes this.
  14. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

just tell em to walk it off. man up! gtfo with this sissy cleric bs.

Bum and Slayzz like this.
  15. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Mez, pacify, blur!

But that’s super inconvenient.

16. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

Kill and find a new pet. EZPZ!

17. Kazlan

Kazlan New Member

Think Ill at least try the 2 chanters and cleric combo. Can AE stun with the chanter not being pummeled or with the cleric when things go bad. I realise I’ll die a lot, but will likely never be boring.

18. Morbo

Morbo Well-Known Member

SK Clr Enc if you want to trio stuff. Besides raid mobs (and even then, still some raid mobs) I don't know of any mob that trio couldn't take in all expansions up to and including PoP.

Imo 2 enc is not worth it because you don't need dps to win most fights, you simply need to live.

You will also never be able to pee...

Mokli likes this.
  19. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

Most accurate and true comment to date hahaha

20. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Dazzle! (or just like camp out)

Slayzz likes this.
  21. Smudge

Smudge People Like Me

Tower bosses in BoT I believe are where you'll benefit the most from 2x charms. But yeah, 1 person doing it will be rough. Best of luck to ya.

22. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

PoStorms named fort giants are doable with 2x frog. Some other things :)

23. Smudge

Smudge People Like Me

I was more talking about things worth farming ;)

Waning Light Katars for everyone!

lurari likes this.
  24. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Yea nobody wants a BoT key - remember we won't be able to level zone in initially cuz devs prefer things to go tougher than easier here. Also I think we can do that fun encounter with the staff and the storms with frogs too!

25. surron

surron People Like Me

charm pets are hasted, the mobs you are fighting are slowed.

so the best charming trio is ench/cleric/bard because the bard should be mezz rolling your pet for when it breaks.

some may say use a pet class as 3rd but then your enchanter is tanking a hasted/weaponized beast and not a slowed mob when charm breaks.

with that said, pet class is pretty close because your charm pet wont 1 round the enchanter unless you have that ssra pet or in PoP.