Is it possible to have multiple hotbars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thefaceless, May 7, 2016.

1. thefaceless

thefaceless New Member

As in two open simultaneously (not paging from page 1 to page 2). Just curious is it's possible. I've never played with more than the default one, but I've seen UI's of people with more than one. Maybe a screenshot from another server, or am I missing something? Thanks.

2. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Nope.

3. surron

surron People Like Me

it is possible to only have 1 hotbar... aka keyboard buttons 1-0

however... some UI's make the Actions (ctrl-o) buttons available in a different format (extra 12 buttons) but can only be clicked and not mapped to keyboard

4. thefaceless

thefaceless New Member

OK thanks guys. I'll just have to get used to a hotkey to switch pages.

5. NarcolepticLTD

NarcolepticLTD Member

If you're using a ui like duxaui or similar (where you can have more than one hotbar) you can have both and use them too (like cake!). Plenty of folks responded positively when I asked if duxaui was able to be used here, so definitely possible... I'm just not sure which version to install.

6. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

What I'm always curious about is why people feel they need more than 10 hotkeys available at all times, especially pre-Activateable AAs.

I typically had 3 pages on my Druid, one for general stuff, one for charming / pet control, and one with long recast AAs like MGB, Dire Charm, WotW.

I can't remember ever feeling like tabbing between 2 different pages was extremely cumbersome.

I've played most classes and I really can't think of any, that you would need more than 10 for on a frequent basis. Most of the time the extra hotkeys are things you use once every 15 minutes or so that can be pushed into another page.

7. fryguy503

fryguy503 Active Member

The client it self is limited to 1 hotbar. There is no legitimate way to have more than 1 true hotbar. DuxaUI has already been ported but adheres to the client limitations.

DuxaUI -- http://www.takproject.net/forums/index.php?threads/duxaui.4272/

8. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Neither of my level 60, epic alts have full hotkey bars, not even page one. I have one full set on Lenas and I swap out '0' for pull message, WS hotkey, etc. when needed. Page two is crap I use infrequently like a /w all friend macro.

I do have 4 armor clicky slots coded into the hotbar window but that's mostly because I was too lazy to replace the UI file.

9. NarcolepticLTD

NarcolepticLTD Member

NOoooooooooooooooooooo......!!! But I appreciate the link to the correct port and will install it later this evening :)

10. fryguy503

fryguy503 Active Member

Check out the UI Corner, there are tons of UI's that have been ported and I am always taking requests.
    http://www.takproject.net/forums/index.php?forums/ui-corner.66/

UI's currently ported:

-- Pouky's
    -- DuxaUI
    -- Infiniti Blue
    -- Grim UI
    -- Aya7.50X
    -- Sars 4
    -- DeltaX
    -- PowerOfTwo
    -- Nemesis UI
    -- Emil UI
    -- Vert Minimum UI
    -- Visage UI
    -- T.King / Kuvasie Celtic UI
    -- Solaria UI
    -- T.King / Kuvasie Steamworks Animated UI

-- UI FAQ -- http://www.takproject.net/forums/index.php?threads/ui-faq.4277/

thefaceless and Mokli like this.
  11. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

Is Pouky's raid windows size-able ?

12. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

I would imagine Pouky's was in Belgian

13. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

That was close to my experience. One for primary raid functions (mostly messages for healing, debuffs applied, targets, etc), then a page of lesser used ones for raids (MGB, WotW, etc), then a grouping one, then of course Exodus on its own page in a corner that doesn't overlap a common function where you could easily click it by accident, usually #10 so I had to click back to get to it instead of 1-3 for primary stuff.