Introduce yourselves !!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tylaric, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Tylaric

Tylaric Well-Known Member

I was just reading another post that made me think that those who are interested should post a lil something something to introduce our selves !!

So about me !

I'm at 41 yard old single father to a 10-yr old boy.. I've been playing EQ since April of 99 when I got the game as a birthday present. I'm an IT guy for a Mac Powered school district. I am a Volunteer Fire Fighter and I'm also a Canadian Forces Reservist (Canadian Ranger - not to be confused with the highly specialized US Rangers)..

In games I've played many MMO's but none have ever brought me what I loved in EQ. A close second might be DAoC and I did have a long term stint on Uthgard (RIP). I started playing on the Rathe in April of 99 as Tylaric the ranger and some of my fondest memories were camping for the Trainer shield. Then my friend Black and I took a crazy long voyage to Najena to look for Rubicite because we heard it came from there =).. Once Brell opened we moved there and started the guild Tiarc which I loved and still miss.. EQ for me was always a social and community experience laced with lengthy corpse recoveries .. Once things on Brell dissolved I moved to playing on the Test Server both pre and post wipe.. I lead a guild in EQ2 on the Tox server and loved those people as well =)

Everything I played I always compared to my original EQ experience and always these new titles failed in comparison and I always ended up coming back to EQ. On P99 I was Volga, and AK I was Nemis, Tylaric, and Gwee.

Every now and then I like a little BF4 or CoD but I suck at those so I come back to EQ =). (which I also suck at)..

In a nutshell... thats me ! If you want to know more ask.

Cheers,

Tylaric

2. Theus

Theus Well-Known Member

Great idea Tylaric.

My first online game was EQ in 2002 after Luclin was released. I played a few classes learning the game. And eventually, I managed to level a druid. I quit EQ after LDON was released. I think I had managed to level my druid to level 52. I was in a couple of insignificant guilds. For a few years I played WOW off and on and I think I manged to get a character into the lows 30s there.

In 2010, a real life friend told me about AK. I really missed pre LDON EQ and so I decided to buy a new mac mini so I could play EQ again. In September of 2010, I started with a cleric and a warrior. I intended to have the warrior, Reguluss, be my main. but I found guilds were interested recruiting me because of my cleric, Theus. In November of 2010, I joined Destiny with Theus as my main. On AK, I did a lot better than I ever did on the PC side; both Theus and Reguluss made it to level 65 with almost all of their AAs. I did it without ever Shakerpaging or using any exploits. Well, I did perma pac; I guess that was an exploit. I love having high resists and at the end of AK Theus was by far the most resistant character on AK.

In real life, I live in Kansas. I did move to Hawaii for a year to be a math teacher. I wish I could have stayed they, Hawaii is a wonderful place to be. However, the teaching profession is a terrible profession for many reasons, the first of which is that teachers are more accountable for student learning than the students (and the students know this). Anyway, in my year of teaching I learned what we need to do to fix the education system in the US. It is a cheap and an easy fix. We need to fail students who do not learn. Students will not do the work needed to learn, if they are able to pass without learning. Anyway, I can talk a long time on this issue and I should not bore you all anymore on this issue for now.

Currently, I work as a CSR answering questions about health insurance. It is not a great job, but it pays the bill. On the side, I trade options, some months I make money and some months I lose money. If one were to smooth out the ups and downs, my monthly rate of return for the two years I have been doing this is over 2.5% a month. If I can keep this up for 5 to 10 more years, I should be able to retire. I hope I can will be able to keep up this very high rate of return.

I am terrible at conversation, so I tend to be really quiet. I guess I am kind of like a savant, really great with numbers and really terrible at talking to people. In groups, I found I would be pulling, tanking and healing and not saying much while my group mates talked about various real life things. I seldom participated in these conversations because I was not sure what to say and I was too busy on the task at hand to talk. I guess I am too task oriented.

Anyway, I am looking forward to beta starting, although I may not much time to play until tax season is over in April. I plan to make some extra money doing taxes this tax season.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Frank here, you'll see my taking overflow work for the real gm's. I do database checking and add an extra set of eyes for the coders. I've been with the project since June and there is a seriously dedicated crew here who won't stop until AK is re-created.

I love EQ.....played on Solusek Ro from 99-05 then found Shards of Dalaya and played there for years. Played on P99 for a while and then finally EQmac nearly at its sunset. Played DAOC in there when I wasn't playing EQ....and WoW for a litle while.

I enjoy raiding extensively and keeping a fair playing field for all.

P.S.- Tylaric I also am the IT director for a Mac district.....random ha

4. furst

furst Member

Furst here, Ive been playing eq since 1999. I was 13 at the time and I was horrible at the game. My first character lasted all of 2 mins, a woodelf warrior. I feel off the city platforms, and thought there is no way I can get my body back. Logged out deleted my char and made a woofelf bard. Played for awhile, then came back to the game in 2006 when the Sleeper/Combine servers came out. I was going through cancer treatments and taking a year off college, so I had tons of time to play.

I started raiding at the high end on the Sleeper, I was in Warpath/DA. I have always love the progression type servers, so when Fippy Darkpaw came out a few years ago, I jumped head first started a guild with past friends I had made, the notorious Twisted Legion.
    Fun on the server did not last, massive poopsocking and MQ SK's one shooting every mob that spawned. Basically the guild that got the kill had more faster computers than the other guild. Basically when Trak would spawn he would be dead before you could actually see him. 10-16 SKs standing in a circle, doing 4k-6k per harm touch does not equal fun. Faults can bare witness to this, it was not fun.

After that I moved to AK and made my warrior Furst, and my ranger Nitewing.

In real life tho I work in Insurance as a Data Analysis, I create alot of reports based on agent's production. I am on the incentive side so all the agents love me or severely hate me because they dont qualify.

I am also the resident smart ass, destroyer of dragons, closer of threads, and Recruitment officer for Armed & Hammered.

BTW if you are looking to raid we need a few more people, so either talk to me or Wharhogg

5. wharhogg

wharhogg Member

-Furst is still bad....don't let him fool you! <3

Played EQ since 99 on various servers and EMU's....raidleader of the guilds I've played in. 100% love EQ, I've played other games but none hold a candle.

As Furst says we are looking for active raiders, we have no idea of what kind of population we will have here.....but we will make the most of our time and the people we have!

This server has awesome potential because the devs/GMs here are very dedicated.....far more than Sony ever was to EQmac.

6. Elrontaur

Elrontaur People Like Me

I'm a 47 year old computer consultant from Oakland California. I provide out source IT services to a variety of Fortune 500 companies, and direct IT support services to clients all over Northern California. When I started the company in 1997 we specialized in Mac IT, but over the years I've learned to leverage my Windoze and UNIX administration skills to supplement our core Mac business. These days I support anything that has a computer involved. Before starting my company I did Network Analysis for Chevron Corporation, and Mac IT Administration for Pacific Telesis. Prior to getting into IT, I was a Sound Designer/Engineer/Programmer for a PC CDROM Game company, I got to work with Gary Gygax on AD&D gold box games. EQ was the game we always dreamed of developing. My first High Tech gig was testing cartridge games for Sega Genesis.

I first got into online gaming with Diablo II which I played to distraction and had a few level 99 characters and made some life long friends on battle.net. When WoW came out, there was a huge exodus from D2 and battle.net became deserted, so I looked for something else to play. There weren't many Online RPG games for Mac back in those days, but eventually I stumbled onto EQ Mac. I had played EQOA on my PS 2, so I immediately made a Dark Elf Shadowknight and jumped straight into the game without knowing a lick about it. I couldn't figure out how to get out of Neriak for a few days, and the original zones on AK were deserted at that time. I finally made it out of Neriak into Nektulos Forest and was slain repeatedly so I gave up on the DE SK gig (which the game had warned me was high difficulty) and switched to my D&D staple, a Half Elf Ranger named Elrontaur. I joined Horde, switched to a Pally main in order to rescue our Guild Leader who had a habit of dying in hard to reach places, and did a lot of ass kicking to said exotic location and rezzing the naked Barbarian lady.

After a while it became clear that my effort to lead raids with Horde wasn't going to pay off, so I decided to move on and look for a raiding guild. I tried to raid with most of the raiding guilds on AK, but when I raided with Destiny I knew I had found what I was looking for in a guild. I had gamed with Destiny folks on my way to level 65 and every single one of them was a very cool person. Many of them had helped us try to organize our raid efforts with Horde, and they brought us along on my very first dragon raids. Lyrad helped me learn how to be an EQ ranger when I first started on AK, and was GL for Destiny at the time. Manlee helped me learn how to play a pally, and I was drawn towards Destiny from my early days so it was only natural that I joined and was immediately put on the front lines tanking crazy raid mobs within inches of my life. Eventually I found myself playing Elrontaur more and more because rangers can actually solo at the end game, and AK was a soloist paradise. Eventually I switched to Elrontaur as my main, and we nearly finished the game together, right before Sony pulled the plug.

I switched to PEQTGC for a while, but Wine is pure crap on the Mac and the client would constantly freeze. I did my best to play despite the Wine handy cap and was eventually made an officer of the failed Al`Kabor guild. Then I discovered this project through the Destiny website. I had my old Mac Intel client laying around so I figured out how to log in and haven't looked back since. Where as the Sony EQ Mac Server was a bastard red-headed step child of the EQ franchise, this server is a labor of love by people who truly care about the game and want to see the server succeed. The developers have been super helpful as we sort out the chaos of melding the Mac Intel client to EQEmu, and their patience and hard work is finally starting to pay off. Cheers to everyone involved in creating this project, and I hope to raid with you all the way to Quarm. AK was the only EQ I ever knew, and it's the only one I ever want to know.

7. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

OK, I'll bite.

EQ is the only online game I have ever played. Bought in 1999 at Gamestop. Still have all the expansion boxes up to POP. ( BTW, is that an Ogre or a Barbarian on the cover ? ) Played expansions through GOD until I got tired of the ever-moving goal posts.

Server: Druzzil Ro Guilds: L'Malla

When I decided to give up EQ, I did look at some of the EQemu servers, but did not find them accurate. ( Shards of Dalaya )

In 2008 the old itch needed scratching. I logged into live EQ and hated what the game had become. In searching the Sony Forums to try to find the old style play, I stumbled across the Al'Kabor forums. So, I bought an old G4 tower, and went to town ! Joined Temerity in March 2009. Upgraded to mac-mini when Intel was required.

Cried when Al'Kabor was shut down. After a while I tried P99. Partitioned the old mac and bought Windows XP. It was ok, but both red and blue servers are so top-heavy. Have always wanted to be part of a brand new server, where everyone is poor ( at first ).

I like being a cleric. Like doing tradeskills. Never have any plat ! The only reason I finished Aide Grimel ( at the end of Al'Kabor ) was because Paine gave me enough plat to blast through Jewelry !

I enjoy raiding, but am a follower- not a leader.

In RL, am involved in the local food movement. ( Run a farmers' market, have a small cow/calf operation ). Am married, and my husband does like me to be available at least some evenings.

8. iance

iance New Member

Hi all :) I am Dan, people usually end up calling me either Lance or Ian, depending on how they perceive my nickname ! I am an Austrian (think Arnold, not Aussie Aussie Aussie) and I currently live in Spain (which is not a part of South America, btw! :D ).

I started EQ back in 99 on Povar as a Halfling warrior, on a friend's account, movelogged to Xev when the servers were still so full they had to actually split them, not merge them! :) Rerolled on Povar when I returned from a hiatus (mandatory army in Austria) and played until after GoD launched.

During GoD I got really tired of the game and quit. I came back a few years later and played for a while on Shards of Dalaya. Then I discovered P99 and played there for a while (back then the server was still stuck in classic). When Kunark launched on P99 I came back to reroll a Monk on P99, raided with TR (Transatlantic Rampage) for a while but once it was all about poopsocking Traks lair with 50 people in each guild I decided it was time to go.

When the closure of EQMac was announced for the first time, and people rallied to keep it alive, I decided to check out Al Kabor. I joined Destiny but couldn't really get into the groove only playing 1 box so I didn't last very long.

After another hiatus (usually I leave for my mistress, The Lord of the Rings Online) I returned to EQMac the summer before it got finally shut down, and this time rolled a monk/bard/shammy and joined vintage. But over the summer, the guild kind of died, so I decided to return to Destiny. I was retagged <Destiny> about 2 days before Sony decided to put the nail into the coffin.

When it was announced that Mac was finally closing, I joined some of the people on PEQTGC, played in the AK guild for a while until I got kicked out by LoH :D

I didn't play EQ for a while, I tried another shot at P99 with a more casual approach, but the terrible community, especially once you reach max level, just doesn't really make it interesting for me in the long run. I have really high hopes for this project and hope we can learn from the mistakes other people and projects have made in the past. If everybody does his part, we can do great things here !

9. stairs

stairs New Member

I'm a horrible person

10. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

My name is Jon and I live in a perpetual state of nostalgia regarding all things EverQuest pre-2004. During the day I am a web developer and during the night I am a web developer that plays a lot of games.

Lenas' original creation date was August 9, 2000 on Bertoxxulous. I started off as a Wood Elf Ranger and never looked back, he was my only main character the entire time I played, well into '07 or '08. I created a few alts (Monk, Necro) over the years, but they never held my attention long enough to get past level 30 or so. I have maintained my handle of Lenas throughout most games where possible with slight variations, like Lehnis, on the off chance someone's already got it. I consider the name to be my first online handle, so it's kinda stuck with me.

My first memory of EQ was watching my brother playing his wizard, kiting snakes on the sand dunes of East Commonlands. Once I saw the world and he explained all of the different aspects of it to me, I was hooked. My fondest memory is probably being the first guild on Bertox to complete the Ring of Vulak. Our guild hadn't progressed enough to try Vulak before the ring was implemented, and after it went in, no other guilds even seemed interested in trying it. We finally got it on January 21, 2003 after a couple weeks on and off, and I believe it was the only server-first we ever got.

Some time in 2004 our guild began to splinter due to things like EQ2 and WoW. My time in EQ began to dwindle as I was out of highschool, working and eventually going to college. At some point I left Bertox to play with my brother on Cazic-Thule, which didn't totally work out, and the original Lenas was eventually retired at level 85 some time in 2008.

I joined Al`kabor when it went free to play, recreating Lenas in his original glory. With sporadic play I made it to level 54 or so before AK was shut down for good.

11. fist3

fist3 New Member

I started everquest back in 99 when i was 13 on the xegony server. Started out as a halfling druid named nullun, i played with my cousin who was a halfling cleric named dillun. I played from 99 off and on with lots of breaks in between to god expansion. Tried every other mmo of the era before i realize everquest wasn't going to be replaceable. Created a halfling warr named eramac and then went on to a halfling ranger named danja where i spent most of my time. I logged in sometime later wanting to return to live realizing what a mess the game was. I looked for something new and found eqmac where i boxed a ogre shaman/sk combo named acne and clearasil I think were the names. I quit eq after getting bored for a bit and broke my mac in the hiatus. Then later found p99 where i played a ranger named yixxor for the last couple years and still dabble in once and a while, the broken economy and top end heavy server are a real buzz kill for me tho. Really loved the community on ak and Don't think Ive seen such a group of friendly players in all my time gaming. I love this game and I can see the people here and the people who are creating this do too. this will be my first time of being there for an actual server start up and i cant wait. really having trouble on what I wanna play tho. Love my halflings and my ranger but been down that road so many times. maybe a gnome sk or halfling pally. with a sham box and getting the gf to play a mage or something easy. Hope to meet some of you and group and raid with you as well.

In RL I am a 28 year old Tin Basher (heating/ductwork) by trade who has just moved out to the west coast of Canada to go to university and try my hand at something new, Horticulture.

12. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

Hi, my name is Speedz. I am an EQaholic. I have been sober zero days.

13. Elrontaur

Elrontaur People Like Me

So... Your point? /grin

14. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Ok I will guess I add mine since everyone else has. I live up in Canada, South-Eastern Ontario. I started playing EQ during Kunark with my brother (Skrimazo/Ikeren over on PEQ:TGC). We both started as noobs slaying skeletons and stuff in Gfay. Eventually we joined raiding guilds and started to do all the Velious/Luclin/PoP content. I left right before doing Rathe and Potime, so those are both zones I really want to raid in, same with VP, err original VP.

I found out about EQMac somehow and joined up there doing a pal/shm box that I liked a lot, unfortunately that only lasted a year. It was a lot of fun though. So then I discovered the PEQ:TGC community and rolled up a couple chars, that became a couple more, until I boxed 6, sometimes 8 if I need some heals. I had a lot of fun going through old content with friends, and getting carried along as a loot whore on some of the higher end GoD encounters. Great server and a lot of great people, but I really like the Classic-PoP timeline too much to let it go, and this is the only server working on such a database. So here I am trying to help with bug testing and not be too much of a pain in the ass.

It also like the beta situation over on PEQ, it could be frustrating sometimes, but it was all ways cool to be able to submit a report and see something fixed the next day. You kinda got to see how the game worked a little differently.

15. abacab

abacab New Member

I'm an ice-cold stunna with dem jboots playa, I'm a thrilla killa rage gorilla with leatherfoot caps playa

[​IMG]

16. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

I'm Faults. I was a ranger on AK and a rogue on fippy and a ranger on sol ro. I am a streetwalking cheetah with a heart full of napalm.

17. sourdiesel

sourdiesel Active Member

Hi my name is Sourdiesel. I am one of those crazy right-wing extremists that the government warns you about on the news and they put on no-fly lists. I worship this scary document called the Constitution and pray to the Bill of Rights every night and The Declaration of Independence every morning. I live my life by the Triple S (SSS) rule. My favorite hobbies include drinking, smoking, ranting about Obama and playing EQ.

Fun fact:
    I can bag, tag, gut, skin and quarter up a 220lb mule deer in the dead of night in less than 45 minutes…. How much do you weigh again?

18. Bupo

Bupo New Member

Hi my name is Bupo.

I started playing EQ shortly after the PoP expansion launched. I started on Vallon Zek and later moved to Innoruuk. I was a wizard and a raider. My guild made it to PoTime probably during the LDON expansion.

After EQ I played WoW. I played WoW to excess during the WoW classic period. I was my guild's main tank and would go months without missing a raid. I quit shortly after the first WoW expansion and began to focus on real life more and games less. I haven't played any MMORPGs since then except for a short stint on AK shortly before it closed.

I have a much more balanced life these days and I'm just looking for some people to have fun with as we run around and kill things.

19. Trisi

Trisi People Like Me

Hi y'all. I'm Trisi :) I started back in 99 playing on Tallon Zek as a Druid and then moved to a blue server and made another druid then a bard then a rogue. Since then, my main has always been a rogue.Stopped playing in 2003 then started again in 2013. I like to socialize as much as I like stabbing things in the back (well, almost as much). I tried PS4 games, Final Fantasy XIV but nothing can ever replace EQ.