Regarding The use of the Al`Kabor site

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EverQuestrian, Jun 3, 2016.

1. EverQuestrian

EverQuestrian Member

I am encountering an increasing disparity of EQ game information from the P99 resources I have been using and Al`Kabor. I know Alla Clone has been developed which is very helpful and I am using it more often now. I recently discovered more useful links on the TAKP wiki which I am very pleased to see. But for things like specific spell locations or for accurate spell research info etc I often still use P99.

I decided that it would be wise to register on the Al`Kabor site as I am sure there must be a wealth of information there but I it seems the registration system is currently disabled. Will this resource be available in the future or is it available only to original AK players? I'm just interested in acquiring the most accurate information to help me along my journeys.

Sincerely, Ojussume

2. benoeb

benoeb People Like Me

Registration has been shut down for allakabor.com. Only existing accounts can access the database.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
    EverQuestrian likes this.
  3. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Allakabor was using the heavily modified PEQ Database so its really not that accurate either.

EverQuestrian likes this.
  4. EverQuestrian

EverQuestrian Member

Thanks Benoeb. I also just discovered that Alla Clone does list the spell locations if they are not research only spells if you click on the "items with that spell" link. I know all this work is a monumental task but eventually someone may want to include "spell locations / items with that spell" for obvious reasons. Actually that makes me feel kinda selfish to make suggestions like that cause it seems the increasing tasks must seem exponential.

5. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

the good thing about the wiki is that anyone can add in stuff like that :)

6. EverQuestrian

EverQuestrian Member

If I possessed the skills to do it I would but I have no experience or knowledge of such things. Don't have any experience with coding or webpage design etc.. What would a person need to know to make said changes? And that's just for the wiki and not Alla Clone correct?

7. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

You click on "Edit page" and then you type into a box like you do to post here.

8. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

Yeah it would only be for the wiki, I think I remember speedz saying that the alla clone is being reworked at some point though.

9. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

^^ I am working on that, but my update is not actually expanding Allaclone functionality just bringing the layout up to date with modern standards for smartphone display etc.

Elroz likes this.
  10. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

and a code layout refactor.

11. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I've been looking at this https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Wikitext_examples when formatting wiki text.

12. benoeb

benoeb People Like Me

I learned the hard way when I was constantly running to spell vendors post new spell level and finding out the vendor didn't have the spell I needed because allakabor had a different vendor than what was on TAKP / Allaclone.

13. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

That's a good point. AllaKabor is a fantastic reference for a lot of things, though. I particularly love its searchability. Zygor put a ton of time into that site.

14. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

I'm hoping Speedz adds the feature to our allaclone of who owns/wears/bags items like allakabor did

That was super cool/snoopish

Ravenwing likes this.
  15. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Agreed. Alla'Kabor wasn't a good Allakhazam's: the database was untrustworthy. But it was a great magelo tool, and the ability to click an item and see a list of everyone who owned it (and had a profile) was one of its coolest features. I also liked the ability to search the item DB with virtually any set of parameters (+specialize conjuration mods with FR between 8 and 17 inclusive from Luclin zones only? sure!).

16. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

This, I absolutely loved those two features.

I also loved the worn focus/click and bagged focus/click lists shown on the right of a character's magelo so you could see which focus types you were lacking or where the slots were that you could replace with a new/different focus effect.

17. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

I try to avoid looking at my old profile. And how Darchon was always ahead of me on Mana & Resists...

18. EverQuestrian

EverQuestrian Member

Well here is what recently happened. I attempted to use the password recovery on Alla Kabor using several emails like the .me or .mac address that I had used prior to .icloud change over. After a few trys I got a response that an email was sent for password recovery but I never received it. :( So I did some serious digging on older hard drives I had laying around and low and behold I found my old password and account info for Alla Kabor. :D I logged in to Alla Kabor. It was nostalgic.

I immediately thought that since I never received the email it would be a good idea to update my acc. email. Upon doing this it prompted me for my password and stated that this change would require an email link confirmation... :oops: I should have seen the warning sign. However, once again, I never received the email for the email address change and now I can't log int at all :mad: because when I do it prompts me for acc. confirmation via the email that I never received. o_O SUCH IRONY! Anyhow, I assume it will eventually revert back to default so that I can log in or :eek: be forever lost. Kinda funny though that I actually discovered the info only to be locked out again. A premonition maybe? Any chance that there is a time interval at which the account will revert to the default settings and still allow me to log in to Alla Kabor?

P.S. I guess I failed to remind viewers in the very first post that I am a return AK player and at one time I had an account on Alla Kabor. But just registering again seemed a better option than digging for information I didn't think I still had.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  19. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Sorry but you're probably out of luck. The website is nothing more than an archive now... No one maintains it and the functionality is no longer supported/updated.