Heyas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Krink, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Krink

Krink New Member

Hey all -

Trying to get setup on Ubuntu.

2. Krink

Krink New Member

Client works with Ubuntu! I followed the getting started guide for Linux. I haven't tried out any of the launcher scripts/app's to multi-box because I realize my laptop sucks!

3. shortok

shortok People Like Me

Have any issues with the client grabbing mouse frequently when you're alt tabbed? I sure did.

4. Krink

Krink New Member

Yeah it's almost constant and sometimes my keyboard doesn't work until I alt tab a bunch of times.

5. shortok

shortok People Like Me

I resorted to Steam Streaming my Win7 desktop through a powerline network adapter. Works pretty well.

New living-room gaming station is running Lubuntu. Best solution I could come up with.

6. Krink

Krink New Member

Nifty. Any noticeable added latency with the powerline setup?

7. John Stark

John Stark People Like Me

I don't know if this will work with linux, but on PC when my client "grabs" when I hit the alt+tab to another window, I found that simply hitting alt all by itself frees it up instantly, no need to alt+tab again.

Also, when I alt+tab, I found that if I hold alt for a slight, extra half-second, I have no issues with the client "grabbing."

That being said, I know I need to get out of the stone age and stop alt+tabbing and use the hotkey switcher, but I've been too lazy to set it up and old habits die hard.

Good luck with the Linux setup, and I look forward to seeing how you make out with it. I'm so sick of Windows and have been thinking about going Linux for awhile, and my only real hesitation is the fact that I'm very invested in Windows programs at this point and know the system well enough to do my own thing that its tough to think about making the switch over to something different.

Regards.

8. shortok

shortok People Like Me

Not really. I have a better set on order because the bandwidth is a bit too low, but aside from that they're pretty gr8. Didn't have to run network cable and my tivo, x360, ps3, roku, PC are all wired in and stable.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
    Tuluvien likes this.
  9. Krink

Krink New Member

Thanks for the tip. And I hope I don't let you down because I'm not sure I can even play on this laptop, despite running Ubuntu.

Yeah I heard those work great in a pinch, dropping in wire can get expensive unless you're a DIY'er and know how to chop up walls.