Help needed.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kamekazee, May 29, 2015.

1. kamekazee

kamekazee New Member

Can someone PM me the client and files needed to start this please

2. Cutty

Cutty Well-Known Member

If Sketchy sent you the same info he sent me it works.. you may need to review your settings. You should continue in one of your other threads with more details so someone could help more clearly. Just stabbing away fresh over and over likely won't help... not trying to sound harsh but I work I.T. and these situations have to kind of be taken by the horns as opposed to being open to run free hehe.

Check each step in detail and be sure you visited each item though. Good luck though mang.

3. kamekazee

kamekazee New Member

I had to dl the mule thing I think I logged in but was the smallest screen ever and them I changed resolution I could only play first person a lot of rstuff didn't work an my game seemed to be running on hyper speed

4. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

You dont need eqmule, you just need to download the link I provided and paste the correct eqhost file. You launch the game from eqw.exe and then point eqw.exe to the eqgame.exe in your EQ directory. If you are having frame rate issues you need to download a limiter like Dxtory. You can use Dxtory to set the fps down to 30 or 60 for each client and that will help with stuttering. True 3rd person doesnt exist due to the client, this is something not easily changed. I believe if you hit F9 twice it will send you to the closest we have here.

5. Dranthor

Dranthor Active Member

F9 twice then use insert and delete to move the 3rd person view to your liking. Hold right click to tilt. You can't get to this by scrolling out. Don't go off and drown though - you still have to page up and page down independent of this view for your character's point of view to tilt.

Open the eqclient.ini file with notepad. If you scroll down about 20% through the document you can manually change the resolution to the native resolution of your monitor, or whatever you would like (not all resolutions are in the options list in game). There are also some other options that may be easier to change here (the game wouldn't let me enable all Luclin models since I don't have enough ram - lol - but I could manually do it here).

A note about making multiple characters - if you put the time into setting up the UI and options properly once, just copy and paste the UI_YOURNAME_loginse and YOURNAME_loginse files for each character (YOURNAME will obviously be the name of the original and new character after the files are copied).

Last edited: May 29, 2015