Hello

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Logad, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Logad

Logad New Member

Logad here.

I say like hundreds of thousand others, EQ was my first MMORPG. Started with the PC version when Kunark was released. Stopped just after PoK was released. Years passed until a friend of mine pointed at Al'Kabor. I tried Titanium first with the patch but that client is just horrid. I fixed a Mac instead and the real client I'm used to. Too bad it did not last. Until now. Maybe. I have kept the Mac, just need to fix some cables to have it up next to my game PC.

Dunno what they did with the PC client, it stopped me from returning to the game. It's not only that there are different sensitivities in the mouse movement, the sensitivity is also dependent on the visible poly count. For a die hard mouse looker like me it's death.

2. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

You need a FPS limiter to address the mouse look issue. I use the trial version of Dxtory for now. Most likely cause of the mouse look thing.

3. Logad

Logad New Member

Thanks, it sorted the polygon density related sensitivity problem. I found out that nVidia drivers have a hidden feature where you can limit the frame rate without locking to the display rate. Very useful.

Now, that did not help with the different sensitivities horizontally and vertically. Today I fired up a titanium installation and played p99 and PEQ and had problems with this in the beginning. After a while it sorted somehow and I have no idea why. Looks like I can play al'kabor emu with a pc client after all. Now I need to figure out 3 more useful posts here.

4. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

Post requirements have been revised. I forgot to change the FAQ to reflect it. You should be good to get in game.

5. Logad

Logad New Member

Oh, thanks.

I have the PC version up and running now at least. Lucky me to not have deleted EQ on the mac so I could obtain the resources.

Not the most stable though, disconnecting after a few minutes. Once when trying to zone out from Surefall.

6. pouky

pouky Active Member

yeah , u picked the worst day ,, usually have no issues and can play np,, but exceptionally today, the server is not working at all really, thats a first time tho i see that ..
    Spose it ll be fixed soon so then u can start play P