Hello again! state of the game? old friends still around?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Merriam, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Merriam

Merriam Member

Hey, team!

I haven't been back in Norrath for a while and specifically on the Ak project. What's the current state of the game? Any old friends still playing?

Anyone have tips for diving back in? How's Kunark coming along? Plans for Velious (I'm really just waiting for my fav noob zone-The Warrens - to be implemented)?

How's the population? Have the devs kept their enthusiasm (during alpha they were awesome!)?

Basically just saying hi. If all of my questions can be answered by perusing the forums, my plan is to read through the last year of them to see what's what. In that case, ignore my questions and I may see some of you in game soon!

Mer

Verdent likes this.
  2. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

/whistle

3. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

Welcome back! Everything is moving along smoothly here. The game and connection seem more stable than ever.

Tips for diving in... Pick your main class, pick a duo or trio to go along with it, and jump in. Don't worry about missing out on the Warrens. You'll always have alts who can level there. Take advantage of some of the classic newbie zones available right now. Being able to run a solid duo or trio will allow you to see most of the world without needing others.

Edit: For some zones other than Warrens... Crushbone/Blackburrow are both solid to 15ish. You can also try Shadeweaver thicket. There is more info on the forums about it, but Loda Kai armor is great for any chain-usable classes you have.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  4. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Definitely. The team here is extremely dedicated and talented. I can't speak highly enough about them. I have high hopes for this server, its why I'm here and not somewhere else.

Ransom likes this.
  5. Kuron

Kuron People Like Me

Muglwump luvs u.

Ransom likes this.
  6. Merriam

Merriam Member

Well the fact that ANYONE responded to this post is a great sign! Glad to hear things are moving along. I've gotten both a new pc and Macbook since I last played so I'm going to have to figure out how to get logged in yet again, but I'm betting there's help somewhere here on the forums.

I played a beast, bard, cleric to 50 in alpha and I think, if i recall corectly, my current trio is a pally, shaman, beast (around 30 or 40?). Is the limit still three or has it changed? I remember that was such a big decision.

7. Merriam

Merriam Member

Agreed, if I hadn't spent so much time (literally all summer-fall-winter of 2013) in alpha, I would have been playing by now. The devs totally rocked and are why when I need to scratch my EQ itch from now until I die, I hope its on this server.

Haha, Yes! This guy gets it!

/wave Bum!

8. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

Getting started: http://wiki.takp.info/index.php?title=Getting_Started

Everyone has been highly suggesting Secret's client for the PC. I'm not sure if it is also for Mac. I haven't had the time to try it yet, but am reinstalling my desktop now and will be using it.

Limit is still three. Paladin/Shaman/Beast will be solid with decent DPS. I think you'll enjoy it.

9. Merriam

Merriam Member

Yep! Already found it. Wow, they made it so easy now, that's great!

I 3 boxxed a bard/cleric/beast back on live servers from luclin to GoD. And Merriam the bard was always my main. Plus the bard epic is such an awesome questline, I want to do it again so badly! I may go back to that trio moving forward. I chose the pal/bst/clr combo when i came back for my short play last summer because I had never really played a pally or shaman in all my years of EQing. I normally wouldnt relish re-rolling, but that's sort of half the fun in this game isn't it? We'll see if I remember my login info and see just how high level i got that trio before I commit to rereolling.

Thanks for the help!

10. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

If you click Game Accounts on the top, you can reset the passwords to your accounts associated with your forum login. :)

Good luck!

11. Merriam

Merriam Member

OK, I got it all set up. Should see me in game. I'll prolly play my sham/pally/beasty (theyre 36) for a bit. I don't think I'm in the mood to do all those noob armor quests again, as fun as they are...but with the new ten account limit, it's great I can mix and match as I please. Great choice there, team!

12. Mascha

Mascha People Like Me

Welcome, Merriam, you will like it here, I think :)

13. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Hey merriam - long time since we were newbs in BW trying for your bards epic piece.

14. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Faults, you'll always be a newb

15. Merriam

Merriam Member

Hey, Faults!

Yes, haha, back before either of us were boxing a million toons we started on Ak about the same time. Good to see hear from ya. How ya been? Still looking forward to Camelot Unchained? Playing EQ again? Something else?

I got the EQ itch again, of course, so here I am. Ever so briefly considered going p99 because Velious always was and will always be my favorite xpac in a game, but after 10 seconds I remembered that AK was awesome and if TAKP can summon even a fraction of that magic then I'd be completely crazy in not continuing my EQ adventures there.

I've only been back in game for a few minutes, and it always surprises me just how magical this game is. As I get older, with more responsibilities and more varied interests, going back to EQ always feels like going home.

16. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Well I'm playing a little EQ, hearthstone, I haven't done CU in a couple months but I haven't seen an email about testing recently either so that's probably just me dropping that ball; but I am definitely looking forward to it. I am also doing some star citizen testing which is beautiful but complex to a point I find it overwhelming still. Glad to see you.

17. actualspaide

actualspaide People Like Me

hey merriam! glad to see youb ack

18. Pinoit

Pinoit Well-Known Member

Welcome back :) This has to be the best EQ EMU out there in my opinion. Classy population that's steadily growing; Devs who have demonstrated a passion for the game and creating enhancements that don't remove the classic experience (Speedz tools are awesome); expansions that are releasing at a digestible rate (glad Velious is coming, not too soon... not too late either).

Ransom and Mokli like this.
  19. Stamm

Stamm Member

Welcome back. See you in game. If you ever need someone to lead you to certain death, let me know.

Ransom likes this.