Greetings!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stoopkid, Aug 15, 2017.

1. stoopkid

stoopkid New Member

Hey all,

I just stumbled across the "Al'kabor Project." Admittedly, I had never heard of it until now. I began playing EQ back at the beginning of Velious release and continued all the way until LDoN. I took a few year break after that, and then tried to rejoin live sometime during SoF. I didn't enjoy that much so I went out and bought a Mac when I heard about the old EQ mac server. I really enjoyed my time there and played off and on until it shut down. Every once in a while I'll play P99 or follow the occasional Panthen RoTF forum. But that's about it. I'd love to hear more about the community and game. I have lots of questions like: what is the size of the community? what is the end-game like in comparison to P99? etc. Maybe someone can direct me towards the appropriate threads?

Thanks!

2. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

3-Boxing is allowed. With a 4th account you can flag as trader only and characters on the account can only travel to a PoK, Nexus and Bazaar (and can't get levels).

200-300 characters online is typical during prime time, among these assume about 120-150 unique players. Somewhat similar to AK with a little heavier emphasis on boxing (but many people do not Box).

The server is live but expansions are still under development. We currently have Velious with Luclin in beta.

PoK, Nexus, Bazaar, Shar Vahl and Shadeweavers are zones available outside of Velious right now. To facilitate easier travel and sales on a smaller server and the creation of Vah Shir / Beastlords if you wish.

Raiding is enforced by rotation mostly. The staff has the view that a rotation is necessary to make the raid scene sane. So they require there be one. The details of the rotation are worked out amongst the guilds themselves.

All Velious content has been defeated at this point, although somewhat recently. Sontalak and Tunare have only died once each and the Ring of Vulak event has only died twice (as of this posting). Most regular targets like King Tormax, Statue, Dain, Cazic Thule, Dozekar, Zlandicar , etc. will die once a week or so, as they are all rotated among 2-4 different entities right now.

3. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

vulak died 3x darshawn

4. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

Ok. That cracked me up.

5. Foxhorde

Foxhorde People Like Me

Great server great people! Do it!! Look forward to seeing you!!!

For the Horde!!!