Greetings!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rahbek, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Rahbek

Rahbek New Member

Greetings everyone!

I stumbled upon this website while scouting the internet for something to do and thought I would venture back for one more adventure ;)
    I've been playing Everquest since the classic version and stopped after PoP, around 5 years ago i tried it again, but it wasnt the same, so I cant wait to try it again on The Al'Kabor Server!

However I do have a few questions which I'm hoping some of you guys can help me with:

1) Recently I switched to Mac instead of PC, and I'm a complete douchebag with Mac's :) Do I need to install any kind of windows mirror or what ever to Run this version of EQ? And would someone be able to PM me a torrent of the Mac-Client?

2) I looked around this forum a lot the last few days, and for the life of me, I just can't find a post regarding how you 3-box, would anyone be kind enough to explain this to me, or perhaps guide me in the right direction?

3) Is Kizdean Gix still standing in WC killing people? Because I have a score to settle o_O

I hope some of you can clarify this for me.
    Thanks in advance guys, Hope to see you online soon!

- Rahbek

2. Dranthor

Dranthor Active Member

1) There aren't any public links but someone should be able to PM you a link to the mac version DL. You shouldn't need anything windows related to run it on a mac other than the files as far as I know (although I play on PC so can't say for sure).

2) I was about to write up a long winded explanation but boxing on mac is different than PC. Someone else will need to explain it. I believe it uses "spaces" to switch.

3) GL! http://www.takproject.net/allaclone/npc.php?id=21006

4) Welcome to the server!

3. Sturmm

Sturmm Well-Known Member

To box on a Mac, you have to alter the eqclient.ini file so that "WindowedMode=TRUE". This makes any instance of the game in a smaller windowed version, and not full screen. Now, you COULD Apple-Tab your way around to different toons, but it's extremely impractical for gameplay. Everyone who boxes on a Mac uses Total Spaces, which enables you to switch instantly between toons so you can box effectively.

4. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

Whether or not you need outside software like total spaces to box effextively depends on your OS version. I havent bothered to update mine to the newest one, so I dont know if this option is available to everyone, but I use the "mission control" keyboard shortcuts to box and it works well enough for me. Just spotlight search for mission control, use the plus button to open additional desktops, go to system preferences -> keyboard and setup shortcuts to go to those desktops. Now just open your various EQ instances in those desktops and you're good to go

5. pouky

pouky Active Member

Did anyone mail u with a link for the client then or not yet ?

6. Rahbek

Rahbek New Member

Yes I got it! Thanks :)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  7. actualspaide

actualspaide People Like Me

welcome to the server! its a great group of people here!