Good trios of the same race (no enchanters).

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Excalipoor, May 3, 2023.

1. Excalipoor

Excalipoor New Member

New player looking to just make three characters of the same race.

I main enchanter on p99, so not looking to play one. So, no enchanters.

The iskar options seem strong but lots of micromanagement. Was thinking sk/nec/shaman
    Was also looking at possible woodelf and go bard,rng,druid.

Any good trios, that are the same race, you would recommend?

CTroi likes this.
  2. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

Erudite cleric, Shadowknight, wizard could be fun. Got your basic tank/healer/dps combo, ports and snares and some utility.

Frosst likes this.
  3. dalidali

dalidali Member

Some thoughts on other races:

Halfling: Rng/Dru/Cle
    Dark Elf: SK/Cle/Wiz (or replace SK with Rog for funs)
    Gnome: No bad options!
    Half Elf: Pal/Brd/Dru
    High Elf: Pal/Cle/Mag
    Human: Whatever you want really
    Vah Shir: BL/Shm/Brd
    Ogre|Troll|Barb: Uhhh... BL/BL/Shm ?
    Dwarf: Lol

4. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

bard/druid/mage is one of the strongest non-charm trios and humans can be it

but then you are human :-(

5. Excalipoor

Excalipoor New Member

Yah maybe I should have stipulated no humans :D

6. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

Iksar War or SK/Shaman/Necro

DubRemix88 likes this.
  7. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

cat war/shm/bard would be pretty solid

but then you are cats :-(

8. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

9. Excalipoor

Excalipoor New Member

What would be good for self found?

10. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

pet casters and a cleric. dark elves, high elves or gnomes prolly

11. Excalipoor

Excalipoor New Member

If I decided to ignore he same race rule, what classes would you recommend (still no enchanter)?

12. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

it really depends on what's fun for you, but BL/dru/mag is a versatile and powerful starter trio that a lot of folks enjoy. it's not too gear dependent since mostly it's pets

Cadsuane likes this.
  13. Excalipoor

Excalipoor New Member

I'd like to dungeon dive old dungeons starting with classic or kunark and just explore while I level and experience the next expansions more organically, then just powerleveling or twinking.

Last edited: May 5, 2023
  14. Cillipis

Cillipis Well-Known Member

All one race is exciting! I think you could do self found with a strong later game trio going the standard War/Clr/Wiz. A few fun options there - DE, Gnome, and you can swap in SK and add in Erudites as Tulu noted. I don’t get the human hate - few races have as good a plate graphic IMO - but having been a human and Erud roller on multiple servers I do get the night vision concern. Melee of those races will make up stat differences later and add some flavor to the server. You can do well without slow for a while and when you need it there will always be a slower around on someone else’s account (or get Willsapper or Truncheon)

Roll whatever and get out there and play. You’ll have a blast!

15. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

indoor pacify (bard, cleric, paladin) and snare (bard, ranger, druid, necro, SK) are nice for dungeon crawls. pet classes (mage, BL, necro) do well with self-found gear. with no chanter (and presumably no MGB KEIs?), mana will be a bottleneck unless you have a bard or casters with other ways to quickly recover mana (shaman, necro). perhaps most importantly, druids PL other toons best when you want to try something else out :)

16. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Mobs in PoP are strong and hit very hard. So you use tank that is at their level, or charmed pet, or you have good geared tank with decent amount of AA's. Problem is, when starting, you can't have decent enough tank. That's why is this trio bellow (and probably some variations like swapping BL for Necro) so good as starting non enchanter trio:

With this trio is easy to aggro-kite, if you don't mind this kind of play, and go to 65 and get all the AA's you need. Without gear and you will not struggle for mana. Once BL gets needed AA's and some gear, it can be used for tank as well. And, you can later PL with druid any other character to change your trio.

I wrote more about this trio in this post:
    Beastlord or Mage

Last edited: May 5, 2023