Goblin Jacuzzi ring?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sowislifesowislove, Sep 16, 2016.

1. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

Anyone ever seen one? Anyone know if the mechanics are like live?

2. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

Is this the one that summons an instant Jacuzzi when you right click it?

Oiwon likes this.
  3. sowislifesowislove

Yea yea. That's the one!

4. sowislifesowislove

And by mechanics I mean how to pop the courier.

5. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Clear out cats, skellies, sarnaks

6. krakmojo

krakmojo Active Member

Goblin Gazughi Ring: http://www.takproject.net/allaclone/item.php?id=10593 ?
    I've spent a few hours these last few days and it doesn't seem anything like what I am reading online.
    The mobs that I see on the list for the Sarnac Courier seem to be in the North central part of the zone.

I could be very wrong tho

7. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

I'm tellin' ya just clear out the first field inbetween goblin fort and windmill. You will get many couriers, 5-6 an hour I was getting.

However that doesn't mean you'll get any rings. I still have yet to see one on this server.

8. necra

necra People Like Me

I have killed over 50 couriers here with no drop

9. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

On both Live and AK, there are a few other areas in LOIO where there are Courier spawn cycles (one of them is north of windmill, toward Sarnak fort). The absolute best area to get him is between creek/lake intersection and windmill. As mentioned above, kill cats, skellies and sarnaks and, as Lena said, you should get about 4-6 per hour (that's the same spawn rate as live servers). The ring is super rare; I killed countless Couriers on AK and never got one (by countless, I mean 100+). Keep trying... it'll drop someday.

A totally wild guess: but I'd say there were no more than 20 rings on AK by the time it closed down... in any case, the number was very low, I'm sure.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  10. outerspace

outerspace New Member

Likewise here, well over 50 couriers and no ring.

11. sowislifesowislove

Lenas did you get a ring? ive heard about a friend's, neighbor's buddy that got one but haven't encountered anyone with one. Any devs care to comment, is the ring "dropping" as intended?

12. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Nope never seen one.

13. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

http://www.takproject.net/allaclone/npc.php?id=85227

Looks like it does.

14. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I made a video about this. Perhaps some of you have seen it...

It took me 116 couriers on AK to get my ring. Average time between couriers was ~15 minutes. That's with druid wolf form run speed + tracking and running directly to the PHs.

You really have to just do this a couple hours at a time over several days. I was so burned out after getting it that I basically quit on the spot and came back 5 months later. Sadly I missed the anniversary event because of this.

Oiwon likes this.
  15. sowislifesowislove

Wow. Didn't realize it's that rare. Thanks for info.

16. sowislifesowislove

Torven, you got a link to that video?

17. krakmojo

krakmojo Active Member

I see a video by Flatts at that seems to cover the subject of the courier for a short while, as part of the greater shackles quests.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  18. Traul

Traul New Member

Any chance this gets made a higher % drop? Seems like a total convenience item to me that is nice to have, but without a constant population in LOIO to make this a little more common on the market, doesn't seem worth it to farm it for days of played time to get it to appear.

19. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

souske and Oiwon like this.
  20. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

Could be said about many things... start changing drop rates and it's a slippery slope.

21. Pane

Pane Member

It's way more then a "convenience" item.

Makes managing a charmed pet waaaaaay easier when you're actually keeping track of the time on charm

22. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

This isn't about the economy or the population of the server. It's a preservation project aimed to recreate to what it is on AK. While it will never be 100% accurate, we aim to make as close to accurate.

23. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

This is basically a priceless level item to any chanter, something you will get and never resell, to use for your entire EQ career.

sowislifesowislove likes this.
  24. sowislifesowislove

Yea like Lenas said. Maybe you didn't know but any type of invis will drop charm, so with that being said its amazing for charm killing.

25. krakmojo

krakmojo Active Member

Got a courier to spawn as described above, but gobbos got him before I could get over there to nab him myself.

My trio of 28 Necro/Mage/Druid is ok, but easily gets overwhelmed. I think another level and the new pets will help a ton.

If anyone wants to team up say hi to Buzz/Ooga/Nemesis and together maybe we can both get a ring.

26. Cillipis

Cillipis Well-Known Member

I posted about this spawn a few months ago after talking with Lenas and spending a few hours in those fields. At that point the couriers weren't even really spawning. Since then it seems the devs corrected the spawn and it's just a matter of camping him for a very frustrating amount of time. (I believe the above is still accurate).

I'm focused on leveling my warrior the final 1.5 levels he needs but then I'll probably come back to this camp and grind out a ring. Because like Lenas said - you sort of have to camp yourself one because no one will sell you one.

(Conversely, you can try to get the 2.0 sec cast Chardok ring too, I guess. First post auto corrected the aforementioned Ranger's name)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  27. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Without the aggro component on the spell, I don't see much value in having it on this server.

I had plenty of uses for it on P99 where boxing wasn't allowed and where you must do over 50% of the damage to a mob or your pet steals some exp. However because you can box and because you don't need to break your pet to reset damage to earn full exp, I don't really see the value in the item. Atleast not enough to camp it.

Most box crews function with the goal of either keeping a tank alive or keeping your charmed pet alive so that it may tank, beyond level 40 when CH becomes a factor this is the norm. There really aren't many needs for instant charm breaks in typical gameplay at this point.

28. Delorne

Delorne People Like Me

Bards need this item for reverse-charm kiting. It's clutch as hell. I honestly think it's the most important leveling item for a bard.

29. sowislifesowislove

What's that ring called?

30. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Ring of Stealthy Travel. I think even Bum has only ever seen two of them and that was during his Sarnak genocide phase. I have one and it's quite useful, much better than Tolan's Helm.