Getting started.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thrakak, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Thrakak

Thrakak New Member

Hello people.

I just discovered this server and now I can't sleep. Lol I am very interested in checking it out but not sure what I need to do. I currently play on peq and play on a windows/pc. Am I able to play on this server with a pc? I apologize i am not a computer and mac pro, just a long term eq player who is interested in joining in on the fun!

I debated on playing on one of the tlp live servers. I played on fippy and was blown away by how different gamers are from 99 - 2001ish. I won't make that mistake again. I've been playing on test server since I left live in 2007 and just recently moved to peq a year ago.

Please tell me I can play here lol. Sounds like the good ol'days and I do dig the 3 boxing and not 42 boxing on peq. I've boxed since 2001 but damn it did get boring fast running 18 toons and mq just took the fun outta everything. I will admit peq took eq to a new lvl of playing but no one to hang out with got boring fast.

Email me or message me, I'd like to come play as soon as possible if I can.

Email = thrakak@live.com

Thank you,

Thrakak

2. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

heya the wiki link on the bar at the top has a "getting started" guide for how to get it all set up. Good luck and hopefully see you in game soon!

3. Thrakak

Thrakak New Member

Thanks. I'm on Google now trying to read on how to get this to work. I hate my tiny cell phone... but the comouter is so far away.. lol

4. Thrakak

Thrakak New Member

Found the wiki. Think I'm gonna get started. Thanks a million!

Sturmm and Elroz like this.
  5. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

Welcome! This place is as good as it sounds, with the community you remember EQ having in 2001.

Thrakak likes this.
  6. Mitya

Mitya Well-Known Member

Let me know if you have any questions or issues getting started. I've got a weird trio I'm boxing (level 11 at the moment) and I am thinking of switching things up. I'll happily roll a rogue to play with your trio, or maybe figure something out where we can play together.

But all in all, let me know if you have issues getting started, I'll help out if I can!

Thrakak likes this.
  7. Thrakak

Thrakak New Member

I haven't even logged in yet and I already have a group. Lol I'll post here once I've created my toons and let you know who to look for.

8. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Speedz, could we get the thread stickied "On getting the client" changed to getting started, or something like that, with a link to the wiki? Or if others have ideas on how to improve visibility of setup instructions? Thrakak, glad you are getting everything figured out.

9. Thrakak

Thrakak New Member

I didn't see or know about the wiki until it was mentioned here. It is very helpful.

10. Thrakak

Thrakak New Member

BTW I was on my cell phone last night when I found this page, that's why I didn't see the full page. Now that I am on my computer its a night and day difference.

11. Oiwon

Oiwon People Like Me

Welcome, see you in Norrath

Thrakak likes this.
  12. Thrakak

Thrakak New Member

So this was VERY simple and idiot proof. I am by no means computer savvy, I just know how to use the computer to play EQ! lol

For all the info you will need go to - http://wiki.takp.info/index.php?title=Getting_Started

Step 1: Go to http://wiki.takp.info/index.php?title=Getting_Started#Obtaining_the_Client

(Download your client version)

Step 2: http://dxtory.com/v2-download-en.html

(Simple to use and downloads in seconds) - I ran this program and it took a min for the count down to allow me to select trial mode.

Step 3: I ran eqw.exe as admin, make sure you direct the file path to your client file you downloaded in step one using the prompt screen that pops up after selecting to run eqw.exe

Step 4: PLAY TIME!

And your done. That was how fast I was online and playing! Thank you Sketchy for the assistance and direction. I appreciate the warm welcome so far and I am looking forward to making a new home on TAKP!

Thank you again,
    Thrakak

Oiwon likes this.
  13. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Please note anything beyond step 1 is PC-only.

Thrakak likes this.