Game Mechanic Question: Summoned Arrows to Ammo Slot

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skratching, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Skratching

Skratching Active Member

I am asking this here to find out if its a bug.

Normal Game Mechanic
    Player has arrows in ammo slot and in quiver. When the arrows run out in the ammo slot it checks to see if your bags have arrows and places one more in the ammo slot.

Questioned Bug Game Mechanic
    Player has summoned arrows in ammo slot and in bags/quiver. When arrows run out in ammo slot it DOES NOT refresh an arrow from the bag. Instead the player has to manually place them in the ammo slot again.

2. Hove!

Hove! People Like Me

You can only have 1 unique item ID on your cursor at a time. So when you summon a quiver and 4 stacks of arrows, it summons 4 stacks of arrows with different IDs making them different items in theory. If this didn't happen, the summon spell would summon a quiver and 1 stack of arrows, because the other 3 stacks would be destroyed. Different item IDs make them different items so they wouldn't auto-inventory to the ammo slot.

showstring likes this.
  3. Skratching

Skratching Active Member

Ahhhh that makes sense!

4. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

were the arrows summoned with a tolan bracer they would be 1 stack at a time, and all the same item ID and would feed directly into your ammo slot.

5. Calid

Calid New Member

Somewhat related ...
    May I ask why you use that super low delay bow?
    Wouldnt a slower/higher damage bow make more sense because of less time wasted summoning arrows?

6. Skratching

Skratching Active Member

One- I don't really have access to another bow.

Two- lower delay means more chances for weapon skill ups!

7. Skratching

Skratching Active Member

Also I believe the arrows provided to me were from the spell Quiver of Marr.