Free The Mouse Issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Haynar, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I am trying to look into the issue where free the mouse mod, will have keyboard and/or the mouse stops working.

Are others having this issue?

Has someone found the right steps to reproduce what causes it?

H

2. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Also having this issue, happens when switching around, etc. Haven't figured out any way of reproducing it. Seems to come right if I bash some keys and switch windows around (haven't needed to relog, etc).

Does it also happen for you with just 1 box per 1 computer Haynar?

3. Fadetree

Fadetree People Like Me

I am running 3 clients, one with FTM and the others without. I have 2 screens, and I run the FTM client plus one of the non-FTN on it, overlaying each other a bit, and the 3rd client on the second monitor. It does seem to occur sometimes that the switch back to the FTM client produces a weird kind of double mouse cursor. Usually if I shake the mouse and click/right click a couple times in rapid succession it will clear. Sometimes it seems like HKN gets confused and stops working and I have to kill/reload it, but I think I had that before I started using FTM on one client. What I've noticed :

The mouse cursor on the FTM screen sometimes tracks motion on the overlaid non-FTM client, even when the focus has been set on the non-FTM. In that case, when I switch back to the FTM client, the cursor does not switch back to the 'old' mouse position, but assumes the current position of the mouse cursor, although slightly above and offset from the 'game' cursor. Moving around can even highlight client buttons, although clicking doesn't do anything. I think the highlight activation if from the 'under' cursor, but the clicks from the 'over' cursor are getting eaten and not sent. Usually shaking the mouse and right-clicking rapidly will clear it, but sometimes I have to ctl-alt-del and immediately cancel, which always clears the issue.

4. J1zmak

J1zmak Well-Known Member

I recently started using the FTM client and I think I am having a related issue - I have 3 FTM clients loaded one right on top of the others. I believe when I hold R-Mouse button to mouselook, it appears to be causing the clients below the active client to respond to the mouselook command as well. This was creating chaos trying to autofollow myself around in Kelethin. Oh the humanity.