Fork of nParse for TAKP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Phaeton, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Kabouter

Kabouter Member

Sorry I had to be more clear, I have a mac, but I run TAKP in windows through parallels.
    It is not a big deal, I use gina anyways for now, but thought it would be a nice feature to always be on top.

2. Phaeton

Phaeton Active Member

I have also noticed this on several spells.. unfortunately even the first/low level Charm spell doesn't seem to get picked up. Going to do some more debugging on the spell parsing over the next week or so to see if it's just a matter of no text showing up in the log, or something happening with the spell parser.

Break likes this.
  3. Phaeton

Phaeton Active Member

I have a general note about adding these libraries on the wiki for non-Windows cases. I should add some more specific guidance to Linux distros and MacOS as folks are able to test.

A lot of Linux distros like to use the system package manager instead of pip to install these and system package managers of course vary across the distros.

4. nokio

nokio Active Member

Anyone running 3 nparse at the same time? One for each of your char?
    Do you have an issue where sometime nparse don't seem to register a spell cast? Never happenned to me when only running 1 nparse.

5. SingaBinga

SingaBinga New Member

Does this have Luclin maps or is it just classic to Velious?

6. nokio

nokio Active Member

It does. At least for the 5-6 zone I did it worked really well in luclin.

7. Baler

Baler Well-Known Member

Happy to see this updated for TAKP.

I will link to this on my zliz map resource, the more options people have the better.

pivoo likes this.
  8. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Sorry, didn't see your post until now :eek:

The same is happening to me. Sometimes spell is not registered. I cast it again and sometimes nParse picks it up, sometimes doesn't. Yes, 3 nParse instances, one for each character, each in it's own folder.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
  9. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Which Python version you are running? My Manjaro and Endeavour (both Arch based) just got updated to Python 10 and now I have a problems with nParse. On Endeavour I'm using build in venv and of course it got updated to 10 and stopped working. I created new venv, but it doesn't help. I was going to use Conda's venv where I can keep Python version, but I couldn't get it to work.

On Manjaro, I have Conda venv with Python 8 and theoretically, I would think, it shouldn't be affected. Clicking on small bash script that runs venv for each in game character does nothing now, after system update. If I run manually commands in the terminal I get nParse to work, albeit with some (non Python) error msgs in the terminal.

Btw, I'm dummy for Linux and Python, which doesn't help too much ;)

In next few days I will do some simple testing, I will install on Manjaro several different virtual environments with Conda and see which version will works the best. Since I have problems with Conda on Endeavor (maybe this system update solved it now?!?), I'm not sure what to do. Python's venv is not working. Or some library, needed for nParse, is not working with Python 10.

I would like to have TAKP working on Debian based linux, so I don't need to worry for these "latest and greatest" upgrades, but I've never managed to get it to work on my main - MX Linux. May try ubuntu one of these days.

Not asking for help, just passing info :) I will come back and let you know what I will find out. If anything...

Anyone uses Linux for TAKP? If yes, which distribution, which version?

10. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Well, I can add traceback, just in case
    This is inside Python's 10 venv, needed libraries are installed:

Code:
    [ Only registered users can see the bbcode. Click Here To Register... ]

11. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

OK, problem on Manjaro solved. I suspected Python 3.10 update shouldn't matter, since I'm using Conda's virtual environment with Python 3.8. Apparently Conda changed something regarding exporting/copying functions into shell. So I had to add a line that points to source file, like so:

Code:
    Maybe this will solve my 'conda not working properly' on Endeavour Linux. Will try to create Conda Py 3.8 and if I get it to work, I don't need to worry about Python 3.10 upgrade any more.

12. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Follow up. nParse now works on Endeavour also. I DL new version of Miniconda and I set virt. envir. with Python 3.9. I added that 'source' line from previous post and everything is working. On Marjano I have Conda Venv with Py 3.8. Both are working great. So, I don't have to worry any more about new system's Py 3.10

I'm posting this here in case anyone else run into the same problem.

Also, Endeavour needs this to be installed for nParse to work:
    Code:
    And both, Manjaro or Endeavor need these files (I have AMD card)

Code:

Phaeton likes this.
  13. nokio

nokio Active Member

Hello everyone! The install of nparse does not include map of PoP.
    If you go here : http://www.eqmaps.info/eq-map-files/ And download the zip of the map files. You can extract and grab the txt file of all/any zone from PoP that you want.
    Then you copy the txt files to your nparse install under "data/maps/map_files/"
    Upon reloading nparse and zoning into a PoP zone it should now work as previously used too.
    At least it does for me.

I cannot say how accurate those txt file are vs TAKP timeline.
    I did find a few thing that seems wrong in terms of where a mob can spawn.
    BUT I do get a map to at least find my way around.
    Hopes this helps a few people.

Wish you all the best.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2022
  14. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Perfect!
    Will do this before I head to PoP zones.
    Thank you!

15. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

It worked, yay!
    Thanks again!

16. Phaeton

Phaeton Active Member

I'll push a fix for this today.. qt library made some upstream changes requiring an int cast. Thanks for tracking this down, @pivoo!

17. Phaeton

Phaeton Active Member

Thanks @nokio! I had added the PoP map triggers but realized I didn't include the actual map files in the repo/release. I had gone back to some older game disks (LoY disks I think?) to try to grab some era-appropriate files for bazaar and PoK at the time.. I should go back and try to find the other PoP zones and add them in.

18. nokio

nokio Active Member

@Phaeton, If I can be of help let me know!
    Would you happen to know why some spell don't seem to register?
    To name one Splurt from the Necro line of spell.
    The spells seems to be present in the file spells_en_txt with the correct text.

19. nworbetan

nworbetan Member

I sent a dm to @Phaeton a couple days ago, and haven't heard back yet.

I'm hoping Phaeton will come back and update his version of nparse, specifically the windows executable for people who can use that. In the meantime though, I added the PoP Map files and fixed a number of small bugs.

https://github.com/nworbetan/nparse-takp/tree/PoP_Maps

I haven't started working on the spell parsing yet, but it's on my list of things to do.

I'm planning on using nparse pretty much constantly, and that branch is my daily driver.

pivoo and Mokli like this.
  20. GamingMendicant

GamingMendicant New Member

Thank you so much for making this fork, works well in Windows just using the Python script.

Phaeton and pivoo like this.
  21. Pydepyper

Pydepyper New Member

Has anyone been able to get nParse to work on Quarm test server yet? I have it working on TAKP but botting up Quarm it doesn't seem to work at all.

22. internalprime8

internalprime8 Member

I got it to work fine in Project Quarm. Set log director as the main file director as log files don't create their own. Log name should be eqlog_CharacterName_pq.proj.txt

23. Korain

Korain New Member

Jaggedpine isn't showing up as a zone in the list of Load Map options. Is this one missing, and if so is there a way that we can add it manually?

EDIT: Found the post above explaining how -- Nevermind, just uploading the jaggedpine text file didn't work.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2023
  24. genaa

genaa New Member

Tried this out on Quarm and TAKP, and noticed that the spell durations at lower levels for some spells are not accurate. Did some newb sleuthing and found that the buffdurationformula formulas, which are applied based on the spells_en.txt file, are different between EQMacEmu and EQEmu.

So, in spells.py the get_spell_duration calculation (line 504) for the formulas don't always return the right duration. These formulas would need to be updated with the right math per formula case to get the right duration, I guess.

Here's the EQMacEmu relevant code:
    Code:
    For reference, here are the formulas from EQEmu code, that nparse seems to be using. (Some are the same as EQMac, some different). Sorry I don't have enough programming know-how to change it myself.

Code:

Phaeton and Break like this.
  25. Phaeton

Phaeton Active Member

Thank you for the feedback, I'll take a look when I get a chance.

26. Phaeton

Phaeton Active Member

I've pushed some changes to the buff duration logic based on the now available eqmacemu code. Give the latest a try when you can (I did some testing on my own and believe things are looking better).

27. TungstenShark

TungstenShark New Member

I have a problem where the map does not update and move with my position. Logging is turned to TRUE in the config. Looks like I have the program pointed at the right file folder and right log file selected. After I initially set the map, it does not update when I zone. I must be doing something wrong.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2023
  28. jbry2

jbry2 Member

You have to constantly spam /loc to update the map as you move throughout a zone. The loading different map files when you zone is hit or miss and based on the zone names and you have to update some of them to get them to auto-load.

29. Ampersand

Ampersand New Member

Hey Phaeton, would you ever consider implementing the Location Sharing and Discord integrations from the latest version of the P99 nParse? Both of those features are just such a help when doing things with the guild.

Either way, thank you for the port, it's so nice to have!

30. Phaeton

Phaeton Active Member

I have no plans to port those additional features that were added to nparse (p99). That was a pretty major change to the code adding discord integration. Thank you for the feedback though! I plan to try and keep the nparse-takp fork in a stable/maintained state for consistency from here on out (likely just updating to address library dependency breakages).

Manstache likes this.