Flat out best XP 55+

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slayzz, May 21, 2017.

1. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

Hey everyone, this is my first post not in a "server bug" category so I wanted to say hi. Pretty new to the server and really enjoying it. You guys have something really cool here! Anyways on to my question.

So yes I know there is more to the game than xp. Yes I know there is exploring and enjoying the world and doing quests and getting geared up while getting xp as a bonus. And I plan on all that but my question is simple. When I do want to just grind xp and go about it the fastest way possible. Which dungeon/mobs/zone is the best and fastest way to do it 55+ which is when stuff seems to REALLY slow down from what I see.

I would do a poll but don't even know the options for answers and don't want to leave the right answer out.

So what is it? Velks, HHK, The Hole?? Something else?? The question is for a standard group grinding xp setting. Not looking for a per mob xp answer but taking into account xp per mob, speed of kills, and how many mobs there are to chain pull (if possible).

Thanks in adavance and see you all around the game!

2. Tarkon

Tarkon Well-Known Member

For normal exp groups, probably HHK or Hole given the exp modifiers in those zones.

The fastest exp is to be in a pbae group in the hole, karnor's or sebilis.

3. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

AE - hole
    Exp per mob - nobles in hhk

4. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

Are nobles still dark blue in the high fifties or light blue at that point?

5. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

They're dark to light blue at 59 with an occasional green.

6. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

You add in the bards, boshinko, and the spawns like carson, tsarla and so on to help boost it.

7. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Noble xp is kinda low since the xp nerf. Way more LB's than DB's there at 58.

8. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

Oh yea this definitely going to effect that camp. Like Lenas has mentioned before. Don't think about the xp bar. Go explore some dungeons, camp some sweet lewtz and levels will come.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
    Quirk and Oiwon like this.
  9. Oiwon

Oiwon People Like Me

To answer your specific question, it really depends on the mix/capabilities of the group/trio. I like Velks just because there are so many mobs to pull. You can just kill non stop at your leisure and also make some decent cash in the process. If you're just soloing and you want low risk/high xp, HHK nobles is the way to go. Now if you can PBAOE that changes everything. Oh also, Juggs/Krups are also very good if you get a good group going and can keep everything dead. -- With all of that said. Grinding sucks to be honest. We've all done it, some of us harder than others. This game is a marathon not a sprint. My advice is just go where its most beneficial and fun to you and don't be afraid to try some new spots.

10. Thunderace

Thunderace People Like Me

I prefer Velks (dogs) with a solid group, the zone is different - enjoyable - easy on the eyes. HHK makes me want to /q.

11. Wilshire

Wilshire New Member

Post nerf I am not 100% sure, but in terms of grinding HHK is still the best at 59 even with the light blues. Its mindless but effective and still dwarfs the majority of the other popular 55+ grinding areas in terms of efficiency. Mobs have low HP cuz its old world, good PP with a place to sell in the zone, its got a steady stream of people who want to group.

I am still working on the best methods and places to pbaoe, I need more wiz friends.

12. Fadetree

Fadetree People Like Me

I think Kedge needs to be considered too, that place has a huge ZEM. Good grinding back by the seahorsie caves.

Thunderace likes this.
  13. Thunderace

Thunderace People Like Me

+1 to Kedge - bring a cleric and bind near Unrest. EB items are a must. do not try without - you are likely to forget and drown - not worth the hassle.

Druid and Mage epic drops @ seahorse caves..

Last edited: May 23, 2017
    Mokli likes this.