Faction mechanics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Placer, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Placer

Placer Well-Known Member

I know faction is still very much a work in process but I have some questions. It seems we can see the exact faction elements our toons have via the Magelo. But if you click through on the faction names you get a link to what raises/lowers them and these numbers don't necessarily coincide with what is actually happening. Are there mistakes in that second list of what raises and lowers such that we don't want to use it in our game mechanics? For example, my gnome mage made over 40 kills already in the minotaur caves. I went from true 0 apprehensive to -200 dubious. That is only -5 points per kill while that other list says it'd have done -30. To be honest, both intuitively feel a little extreme on different ends and I have no idea or way to figure out what should have been the number.

2. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

live now shows exact faction hits so we're using that. Previously it was all a guesswork which is not really a right way to do it.

3. Placer

Placer Well-Known Member

But are we using the live numbers or our own? Clearly, we have a live type system that is deducting one set of values. If those other values that show the increases/decreases are just guesses then maybe we should replace it?

4. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

most of it at least classic have been replaced. except for some quest faction hit that would need to be confirmed on live.

5. Placer

Placer Well-Known Member

OK, then was Steamfont one. Now down to the more database bug area than a general discussion. But there is a such a big difference between the 5 I am seeing and that 30 on the random extra page that is being linked to, that I wonder. Where the updates are in we really should update or just destroy that list to let people know.

6. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

The only thing we can do is disable the links on the faction list. We have no control over the MQEmulator contents.
    Maybe someday make a list of our own, but I am not sure of that since we didn't really have that for AK.

The hard part is any modifications I do to magelo will make it far more difficult to keep the base Magelo code updated.