Erudin newbie Caster armor?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Golur, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Golur

Golur New Member

Hello - not been here long, and trying to do the Erudite "Craft Keeper" quests for gear. I can't find the starter chap - Barodreth Firefingers - in the Loc he is meant to be at, and neither is he on track anywhere in Erudin/ E Palace. The other Armour quests I've done - Human Mage, Human Ranger - are all fine. but not this one.

All advice greatly appreciated! There's not a lot of newbie gear on the Bazaar, and what there is is overpriced (in my view) due to the economics of the server, I presume, so this gear would be v handy.

2. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

No Erudin Noobie armor one the server sadly

3. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Our item database is limited by 16-bit signed data storage. So our item DB is limited to 32,767? items.

The era they added these newbie armor quests was in the transition from 16-bit to 32-bit storage for EQ and it also happened to be implemented in phases. So many of the newbie armors fall under the 32,767 item number which were added earlier, and these are included in our item database and on the server. Meanwhile others fall over and as a result there are certain item sets like the Erudite or Ogre sets that aren't in our database and not on the server.

4. Golur

Golur New Member

Balls. Oh well, I'll just try to get levelled fast, hit the Crag Spiders in Karana, sell the silk, Ste 3 = profit to spend on gear.

5. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

The client only allows 16 bit signed datatype for item id otherwise you'll see an error on our client when trying to summon the item id pass the 32767 even if the server would allowed it.

6. Golur

Golur New Member

Thanks all for the most comprehensive (and swift) answers. I don't understand a lot of it, but it sounds just wonderful :)