El capitan upgrade?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wimpel, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Wimpel

Wimpel Member

Can anyone verify if everything still runs as it is supposed to with El Capitan?

2. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

I just upgrade mine for the mac mini. Everything went smooth and the game ran fine. =D

Oiwon and Elrontaur like this.
  3. Wimpel

Wimpel Member

Awesome, thanks for the reply!

4. cavedude

cavedude Administrator Staff Member

My upgrade went smooth as well, and the EQ client works great. My development environment also still works without a hitch, so great success there.

I am on an older Macbook and I found I had to disable the new rootless mode otherwise my machine was unusuably slow. With it disabled, it feels faster than Yosemite did. I even went back and re-enabled it to make sure I wasn't confusing the issue and sure enough molasses. To me, this sounds like something they'll work out in later revisions.

In addition, they added forced code signature restrictions. For me, it means they broke nearly all my audio recording devices. The one manufacturer said they are actively working on a new driver, the other is basically saying sit tight - it may be a few months, and the last has made a statement that suggests Yosemite was their last supported version of OSX. I sure hope not :(

5. Oiwon

Oiwon People Like Me

It works great!
    I think i might try to permanently disable the "Notification Center" in the top right hand corner. It interferes with my EQ at times.