Effective immediately re: Name changes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zarwayne, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Zarwayne

Zarwayne Guest

Due to the difficulty involved in name changes and the various issues surrounding them we will no longer be issuing Name Changes for characters. This is truly an administrative nightmare to deal with server side and literally takes hours of work for a single person's name change. the following rules will be enacted immediately:

1.) changing of a Character's Primary name is Forbidden for all GM's.
    2.) Last name changes are only permitted ONCE per character (AK didn't allow this at all but I wanted to be lenient).
    3.) titles will not be restored or changed once they are set (removal is allowed, but you don't get a new one)... choose them well or earn another title.
    4.) any character caught with an offensive first name will have that character deleted. no questions asked, no name change, just deleted.
    5.) any account with more than 3 offensive character names logged as deleted will be banned.

2. sourdiesel

sourdiesel Active Member

Is this retroactive? Specifically asking about #5.

3. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

stickied.

4. Numb287

Numb287 New Member

I know it can probably get annoying, care to explain why doing something like #name whatever is difficult? If the name is an unused one, which is easily tested by making a lvl 1 character.

5. krenar

krenar New Member

If they take hours thats far enough, if they take 10 minutes how about a $10 donation to the server for a name change, just as sony would?

Whats the chances of me getting my mate pet so it has the same name every time? Id be willing to donate for that too! ( all these things are available on live atm)

6. Bottyburp1

Bottyburp1 New Member

7. Zarwayne

Zarwayne Guest

This is not retroactive,i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶u̶t̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶y̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶s̶i̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶q̶u̶i̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶r̶e̶-̶n̶a̶m̶e̶s̶. however given the amount of coding work we still need to get down it is not do-able at this time.

one part is the #name; on the back end we have a lot of things we have to take care of as well. so yes the process is simple enough but the back-end changes take a good long time to complete. so this may return in the future.

Edit: upon further thought to the subject this opens a door we do not want to go through, the illusion that we would accept money in exchange for any type of favoritism or that anyone could "pay" us to do anything is unacceptable. This server is Free, you can donate to keep the lights on but that is all it is, a donation. RMT of ANY kind is never allowed on this server. So as of this moment that idea is dead, it will never be spoken of again.

8. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

They really can't accept donations for specific services inside a game they don't own. It opens up possible litigation. Taking donations for hardware or hosting services is a more of a gray area.