Double exp during holiday weekends / zone works

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by souske, Jun 2, 2015.

1. souske

souske Well-Known Member

Hello all,

This last double exp session was fantastic. Not only that but I felt that the double exp week also brought in some new players to our server. Not sure the best way to go about this but I am wondering if double exp weekend could be the norm around a holiday. Maybe we can put this up to a community vote or the devs can decide?

2. Sturmm

Sturmm Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great idea to me. Unfortunately I wasn't able to participate in this last week's double exp with work cranked up lately, but I def need to get my toons more exp!

3. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I missed out. Double exp is great. I lean towards making it regular. Like every other weekend.

4. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

those double xp we had that week was to make up for the server that had been unplayable for the week. I'll have to discussed with the team with making it a double xp as a special occasion.

5. souske

souske Well-Known Member

I think double exp even once a month would be great. Many of us are pretty much grown adults with real life obligations. People put many years of effort into their chars on AK and I understand how they wouldnt want to start over. However, with a little double exp in the mix the lurkers around here might be more inclined to do so. Even just looking at the amount of people that registered for these boards is 1,201 at the time of this posting. There are 1,200 people signed up and we currently average about 60 or so online recently. Would love to see more of that 1,200 playing concurrently.

Oiwon likes this.
  6. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Maybe later during luclin/pop when there is an aa grind, but even then I wouldnt want to see regular double exp. Too much and it removes some of the servers integrity and stated goals. A couple times a year max, or when there is significant server issues like this time. It is really easy to reduce time commitment on all sorts of things but it is a slippery slope. We are all adults here, lets up drop rate on rare items! Besides a lot of the game is about acquiring the levels, aa, the item, not just having it.

Mokli and robregen like this.
  7. ansar

ansar New Member

IMO double xp should be reserved only for special occasions.

Rdyott likes this.
  8. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Agreed.

I work for a living. Every weekend is a special occasion!

I would probably miss them all anyways.

For times like when the server is borked, they should do a /claim with exp pots instead.

H

9. robregen

After the discussion with the team, we decided not to do double xp anytime in the future. But a possible Bonus Xp (quarter or half) instead on special occasion.

Rdyott likes this.
  10. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

While I did enjoy going from 30-40 in a weekend, I also agree regular double EXP isn't really something I would encourage.

I don't mind it on rare occasions. I am pretty sure I will hit 50 some time before Kunark releases on my three characters and I exp maybe once or twice a month for a few hours. I'd imagine most others will also hit their leveling goals.

It would end up being a week of just power leveling more Alts I feel like for most people after awhile.

11. souske

souske Well-Known Member

What is considered a special occasion?

12. robregen

Holidays and such.

13. souske

souske Well-Known Member

Well that sounds ok, that might be a incentive for new players to start here.

14. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I have about given up on 50 before Kunark. I am changing my goals. I am aiming for 60 before Luclin.

15. robregen

might be awhile before Kunark. We gotta make sure it's close to accurate and high quality before we open it.

16. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I might help with that. Something I always wanted to do, was map out the spawn points and pathing in OT. I am convinced its not random.

17. robregen

you are always welcome to it. =D

18. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I need to write some code. So it will track mobs trajectories. And set up waypoints when they change directions. Including on hills, or changing surfaces. So no bouncing ever as the wp's move them always parallel with a surface. Also, to parse mob size and remove that from their z, so wp's work best for all mob sizes.

Clearly something I have been thinking about.

19. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I went to OT to do some parses a few months ago. I noticed that some NPCs were standing on the exact same spot, which is sort of a dead giveaway for waypoints instead of roamboxes.

20. robregen

I already have pathing set for OT outpost where the DE would roam the area at night and stay at their outpost during the day. Not sure if I have that set here on Takp but I did them for PEQ.

All other trash mobs is all yours Haynar.

21. robregen

or if you want to do the DE pathing. you can do that as well.

22. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Of course I am talking trash mobs. I always play an evil race. Dragoons dont bother me. Duh.

23. robregen

=D lol okay. Then I'll go ahead and set that. You do the rest. :)

24. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I have never set up wps like that. Should be an adventure

robregen likes this.
  25. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Since I have already derailed this thread.

Sorry OP.

The other favorite zone of mine was Umbral Plains. It also had some weird aggro, where u could FD off a mob. And it wouldnt chase u after u stand if it was far enough away. But it would pass you on to other mobs in the zone. Eventually if u got close to anything, u were swarmed. Almost always had to camp it. No amount of FD cleared the passed on aggro to other mobs.

I lived in that zone. Loved it. Radulkans pop ever 8 hrs. Logging in every 8 hrs to snipe some bracers. Priceless.

H

26. robregen

lol, i changed the thread title a bit. Yeah if you want to do any work on the zone. Let us know.

27. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

The other one I liked was Grieg's End. The aggro mechanics were awesome. There was a pattern why they went after certain people first. Its too bad eqlive revapmped the zone. That DA hammer was great for rampage tanking.

28. robregen

I do have a few AK spawn collects of that zone.

29. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

that was probably chase range, I used to split vindicator in kael from his 2 linked pet guards on my monk by using pathing and chase range, once u split them far enough away they'd just angrily run back and forth on their path grid til someone on agro gets within chase range. I really miss that mechanic (it was useful for pulling), although no chase range makes ae pulls / swarm kiting a million times easier.

30. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

It wasnt chase range. It was something different. These were mobs I never got near. And it would expand to anymob in the zone if I waited awhile. I was an avid seq user in 2002/3. I could see real good what mobs would do. Was very cool.