Dexpot issues on Windows 8.1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tafas, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Tafas

Tafas New Member

Well I'm having issues with any virtual desktop program, I've tried multiple. I do not have the same issue with any other game or application. No matter which desktop I switch to (I have 4 setup) the first EQ instance appears on all 4. This is really inconvenient for boxing, especially on my slow computer. So I've decided to either roll a Bard and not box or possibly reinstall windows 7 if that will remedy the problem. I can't imagine playing an enchanter without a druid so....I should probably just play a bard anyways and forget boxing since my laptop is a piece of sh*t. Anyone having similar issues?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yea im seeing it blows up my eq instances when i swap from one desktop to another. I just use EQW, edit the ini file to window swap with tilde and its super fast to box 2 toons.....three doesnt work so nice....I'd use a macro hotkey swap for that.

3. Tafas

Tafas New Member

Thanks for chiming in. Could you be a bit more specific though? I'm using EQW to launch my first instance. Do I need to edit the eqclient ini or the eqw ini? And what is the command exactly?

I'm also freezing loads on either zone changes or even logging into the game..... I can always force quit and reopen eqw but it is a pain

4. Tafas

Tafas New Member

I'm crashing so frequently when either zoning or just logging into the game that it is pretty much unplayable. I crash when I die even....was really looking forward to this server but will have to wait until something is fixed....On a PC using dxtory set to 40 fps. Playing just one toon.