Dementing Visions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slayzz, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

This is here instead of bugs, because I don’t know if it’s correct or not and so figuring that out is more the purpose....

But saw someone “WTB Dementing Visions” in alliance the other day and started laughing to myself knowing how ungodly rare it is. But then it got me thinking... is it supposed to be as rare as it is and have the devs looked into it or does anyone else have any input?

I know it only drops from KT and Aary but with how many times both have died over the course of the servers life you’d think there would be more copies scribed in peoples books...

So the question is, how rare is it vs how rare is it supposed to be? It seems to be the ONLY spell that is impossible to find so it just had me curious

2. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

I asked this in velious and im fairly sure the rate is higher than listed. Its a rare ass spell.

Mokli and Slayzz like this.
  3. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Magelo lists it as a 7% drop rate from both KT and Aaryonar.

I am fairly sure it was very rare from KT on AK.

But fear not, come PoP the spell is irrelevant with Insanity and Ancient Chaotic Vision available.

Slayzz likes this.
  4. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

Cool question answered. Thanks faults and Darchon. Ya won’t be long til it’s replaced.

Such an outlier. Not completely surprising considering some of the other funny and questionable original eq dev decisions heh.

Not like I really ever use nukes on my chanter anyway though. More constantly worried about charm breaking and trying to not die versus nuke heh. Don’t have room for it anyways on my spell gem bar ha

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  5. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Rotating ancient/dv is actually pretty solid.

Slayzz likes this.
  6. Kagatob

Kagatob People Like Me

That was me~

Having killed KT twice a week, every other week from the first week of October 2016 - March 23 2017 (Temerity got their first kill, and shortly after this Imperium also joined rotation) and twice a month after that for another 3+ months, we saw a grand total of 1 Dementing Visions drop. To say this spell is rare is an understatement.

Mokli, Slayzz and lurari like this.
  7. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Right now the drop rate for the spell is 10% here for both tables.

Generally what I've noticed for Magelo data is that it's usually about 80% what the actual rate likely is. A lot of 100% drop rate items have magelo rates of ~80-85%. So I tend to adjust upward with that in mind.

However for some Luclin kills, that rule seemed to not apply, and I found several mobs with much lower drop rates. Rhag1 and Emp's unique spell drop rates seemed much lower on Magelo than what was observed from logs. (mostly Zorblak's logs) So I ended up bumping them up later.

It's possible Spell: Dementing Visions' drop rate is too low, but I have no way to know.

8. Shawn

Shawn People Like Me

I've seen 2 drop...total since we been in rotations

9. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Dropped just now from KT.

10. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

Lol the irony

11. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Magelo shows only what people loot. If I went on live now and killed KT I wouldn't loot the spell

12. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Actually, it uploads what's in the loot window when someone checks.

This spell has roughly the same drop rate as the Vindi ear on TAKP. I'd be curious to see how many characters actually have it scribed. I'm guessing maybe 10 on the server total.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  13. Kagatob

Kagatob People Like Me

Is it for sale?

14. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Sorry long since scribed.

Slayzz likes this.
  15. Kagatob

Kagatob People Like Me

:(