Dark Elf Corruptor event for Ranger/Druid Epic

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by S9Forever, Oct 24, 2023.

1. S9Forever

S9Forever Member

I'm working on the ranger epic write up on the TAKP wiki as I work my way through it in my spare time - so many muffins and batwings! Right now I'm trying to clean up the description for the Dark Elf Corruptor - what I've found in other guides doesn't match what I'm seeing on TAKP. Here's what I have:

"A minute or so after you give the amulet to Teloa, the Dark Elf Corruptor and two Dark Elf Reaver (all level 45?) spawn north of farm #8 on EQ Atlas (-2500, -1400) and then immediately run south. There will be a zone message from the Corruptor when they spawn. You should have someone in position and ready to intercept them since they do not wait for you to engage them. '''The Dark Elf Reavers run well ahead of the Corruptor and will reach the druids in less than a minute and all the NPCs will despawn, including the Corruptor even if he is engaged. All three are also on a 10 minute timer regardless of what you do.''' Charmed, mezzed, the list goes on, the Dark Elf Corruptor will despawn if you don't kill it in time."

I've pieced this together from early bug resolution comments in these forums, and from one turn in I did on my druid "for science." I followed a P99 guide for spawn locations, which was way too far north on the hill top and I ended up chasing down the Corruptor who was way behind the reavers (I didn't even see them). He depop'd a few seconds after I engaged, I assume the reavers reached the druid. If anyone has accurate spawn locations or more information specific to TAKP for this portion of the quest, I would appreciate it! Comments here, or updates to the wiki directly would be awesome!

https://wiki.takp.info/index.php/Ranger_Epic#Prepare_for_the_first_battle.21

2. Domni

Domni Member

I did this quest a few times on takp. Just follow the p99 write up and make sure you agro all the spawned mobs asap then you should have no issue.

3. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

-996,-1529,354,130); -- corruptor
    -1090,-1529,355.4,130); -- reaver
    -1063,-1490,367.5,130); -- reaver

that's from the script, rob added this and i believe ran it multiple times to get the spawn locs and behavior correct. It's listed X,Y,Z order, so remember to switch the first 2 numbers around (/loc is Y,X,Z) - the last number is their heading so you can ignore that

S9Forever likes this.
  4. S9Forever

S9Forever Member

Thank you, I’ll update the wiki after work tonight!

Elroz likes this.