Copy of EQMac Website

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tudo Bem, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Tudo Bem

Tudo Bem Member

Does anyone have a copy of the website before it was taken down? Specifically, I am looking for the forum section on the technical help subsection. There was a lot of good info there. Thanks.

Tudo

2. furst

furst Member

3. tybloko

tybloko New Member

Link is not working.. it would be cool to revive the old eqmac.com forums for reference!

4. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

if only Nikolia kept his promise
    http://www.eqmac.com/

Neealana likes this.
  5. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

6. Elrontaur

Elrontaur People Like Me

Don't we have Tem folks on this forum? Wasn't Nik in Tem?

7. Theus

Theus Well-Known Member

Nikolai was in Temerity. However, as Bum stated, he quit playing years ago. Just because someone was in Temerity, does not mean someone knew Nikolai. In my three years on AK, I think I noticed Nikolai on once. I remember one or two others had moderator access, maybe they have contact information for Nikolai. One of them was Utdaan (whose arrogance made it extremely difficult for me to view him positively) and the other may have been Bijaz(spell). Utdaan had SOE contact information and he did not share it with anyone else. If there was a problem with AK, we could not contact SOE, we had to contact Utdaan who would contact SOE. It was very kind of Nikolai to donate his time to run the website for a game he had stopped playing years earlier. However, I got the sense that Nikolai did not donate his time running the page for the benefit of the server, but he ran that page for the benefit of his friends on the server. I felt they tried to make themselves the representatives to SOE for AK. Utdaan never shared his precious contact information with anyone as far as I know and Nikolai would censor posts and state that he did so because of some rules (EULA or something like that). There were many people who seemed to only log in to raid. It seemed Utdaan was one of those and Nikolai did not even log in to raid. I do miss AK and I wish SOE had not killed it. But between the ruining of AK with free to play and Utdaan/Nikolai's monopoly on communication with SOE, I now think it was for the best SOE killed AK.

8. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Click the link, find the contact number... ;)

9. Elrontaur

Elrontaur People Like Me

I wasn't implying that everyone in Tem knew Nikolai, but perhaps one or more of our Tem players might.

10. feret2000

feret2000 New Member

I only knew Nik for a bit. He was hardly playing by the time I joined the server in '06

11. shortok

shortok People Like Me

12. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

nsfw that stuff shortok, gross

13. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

The problem with the wayback machine is how unsearchable it is. A full text search of eqmac.com would be useful to me.