Connection(DISconnection) Issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Algiers, Aug 11, 2023.

1. Algiers

Algiers New Member

So, everytime I get to server select, highlight TAKP, hit enter. Music starts playing, my heart swells, my eyes, they MIST OVER, the loading bar starts inching right..and hits the same word every time and stops. The widow stops responding and I get the black screen of YOU HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED...back to server select. Endlessly ( or to the end of my patience).
    I have no clue. Any help would be greatly appreciated as to a diagnosis or where to start.
    TIA
    Algiers of the Void

2. Devour_Souls

Devour_Souls People Like Me

Which client version are you using?

Algiers likes this.
  3. Algiers

Algiers New Member

PC, downloaded this morning, latest zip file

4. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

There's a couple of clients in there, v2.1 and v2.2

Which one is giving you problems?

5. Algiers

Algiers New Member

v2.1

6. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

could try some of the other clients, there's v2.2 client and also v2.0 client further below

are you on wifi or network cable connection?

could you try using a different internet connection, like tether via mobile phone or a VPN?

sometimes ISPs block UDP ports which causes issues

7. Lazare

Lazare New Member

Hello,
    Asking for help again,
    I have the same issue here.
    Try to block my AV and reinstall the game / Try to use cable connection / Try to use internet connection via VPN in Canada (From France)

I just download V2,1 and file fors Serveur Quarms today.

Thank you

LZR

8. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

9. Biizz

Biizz New Member

Disconnected while trying to log in as well. I have tried everything and no luck. Like the other person above mentioned. My p99 client works fine and can log in without a problem through there. Not sure if this has to do with it being for quarm only?

10. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

You need different clients for Quarm and TAKP, the Quarm modifications make it incompatible with TAKP. If you get a zip file from the wiki and simply unzip it on windows, assuming that some anti virus (including the built in one) doesn't delete your files, it should just work.

11. Lazare

Lazare New Member

Yeah Solar, youre right it's only a client problem. I was preparing Quarm so i was the Quarm client and it's doesnt work. Thank you anyway.