Community run rotations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Haynar, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Community run rotations should be community run. GM enforced.

If the rotations are not fair or people do not follow fair rotations. The GMs are needed to hand out suspensions as needed.

My opinion: until the community gets off their butts and gets organized. Then all raid mobs should be FFA with FTE engage enforced.

I know Zar is trying to step in where the community is not fulfilling their part. But I call BS. It is a waste of his time. The community needs to quit wasting the time of the GMs. The community needs to step up and organize the rotation that they voted for.

Just my opinion. Not trying to ruffle feathers. But I think GMs time is better spent elsewhere than to line up guilds and hand them pixels.

Haynar

2. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Yup agreed Haynar. I am hoping to see guild leaders here hash something out that works for everyone and ensures dragons die with regularity. A more community driven rotation solution will hopefully be more accepted and seen as positive. Zarwayne does good gming from what I have experienced so far, lets make sure his time volunteering is spent well.

3. Tollen

Tollen Member

Well said Haynar.

also I'm laughing at the script replacing raid-r-o-t-a-t-i-o-n with playing with my barbies

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  4. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I am going to help out with a little coding too. So many things to do.

Will try and fix as much as I can. But I am at a big disadvantage, as my playing on tak was very limited. Mostly doing low level parses.

H

5. sourdiesel

sourdiesel Active Member

Not sure what is wrong with the rotations now besides everyone reaching lvl 50 and getting pixel hungry.

The chances are is that a majority of the players will get more pixels on a r0-tati0n then they would FFA.

Make dragons respawn every Friday and weeklong rotations won't matter and neither will the day a guild kills them.

Oiwon likes this.
  6. Sycamore

Sycamore Member

A more extreme suggestion here, but I say pop the dragons when a new turn begins and then on top of that change them to 3 day and +-12hour respawns like was later implemented on live. This would reward the guilds who stay on top of their respawns by giving them a chance at 2 Naggy/Voxes in a single week.

We are in BETA, after all, so why not use this stage to tinker with dynamics to see if they suit us better than what we had before on AK. It was the best EQ server I ever played on, but it was still very far from perfect.

Our VT protocols on AK had a similar reward system, in that if you cleared it out quickly each time during your turn, you had a chance at a third repop just before your turn was to end. I believe these small incentives do a lot to appease the hungry raiders who want to gear up as quickly as possible.

7. Oiwon

Oiwon People Like Me

that's a legit option, and it keeps things simple. it could just be temporary until more content is out

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  8. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I like. Dragons spawn friday. Do that til kunark.

Has my vote.

Haynar

Oiwon likes this.
  9. Trisi

Trisi People Like Me

Agreed. Friday spawn works for me as well.

10. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Well, we had discussed it as a possibility of spawning both dragons on fridays until at least the planes comes out. By then, I would only hope that everything would get settled and scheduled in. I would need to discussed with Zarwayne to see what his thoughts are on this.

11. Oiwon

Oiwon People Like Me

Not to be a thorn.. but this still does not solve the issue of a Guild not killing the Dragon, and them sitting up all week long..

It needs to Free up at some point.. say after.. Midnight on Mon/Tues night.. or open up to the Guild next on the rotations.

There's no point in having perfectly good Dragons going to waste, when there are other People that want to kill them, and are waiting in line to do so.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  12. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

I don't believe that on any particular guilds rotation they will not end up killing their Dragon. Even if they leave it for Thursday it won't effect the next week if it's respawned Fridays. The only issue that would remain is an open week. Maybe an open week should only exist when a request is made, and that open week would fall at the end of the current rotation cycle. First guild in rotation is guild 1, second is guild 2. Request for open week is made for a Dragon attempt, it slots in after guild 2. I don't see the dragons remaining up on any given week if it rotates like this and has weekly respawns.

13. Oiwon

Oiwon People Like Me

Guess what Bro, it's happened already. People need to take care of business when it's their turn on rotation or others should be able to step up.

I agree with you on the open week/breaking in to the rotation, or the Gm's could just spawn a dragon or something as has been suggested in the past

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  14. feret2000

feret2000 New Member

Can we discuss what happens once Destiny is on the rotation? There won't be any other guilds I can think of that will be attempting to get on the rotation. Can we just eliminate the "open" slot once Destiny is on and then allow any guild not yet formed interested in joining the rotation in a shot at the start of a new cycle?