Character login script?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kuron, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Kuron

Kuron People Like Me

There was a thread I saw a very long time ago which provided a code box to copy/paste into the Apple Script maker to macro your character to login - it really helps with boxing.

I've tried for a few hours now and can't seem to find it - anyone know where it is or even what I am talking about?

2. Kuron

Kuron People Like Me

---false alarm---

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  3. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

You can use my script, but personally I haven't even used it since Zamiel rewrote Launcherfrien :)

4. Kuron

Kuron People Like Me

As it turns out, that still wasn't the one I was looking for.

The one I was looking for creates a Unix Executable File and not just an Applescript file. Reason being is that the method linked above, will not allow me to open multiple instances of Everquest for some reason.

The problem I am having (maybe you'll know) is that Terminal has recently started keeping a record of every login I've ever made, such that when I use one of said shortcuts, it opens ALL previous bash windows as well:

[​IMG]

The screenshot above there is from a single click of one of those Unix Execs. Clearly not a desirable result. This all started when I wiped my harddrive and reinstalled my OS recently. It's never done this before.

I was hoping if I made a new exec it would stop this - but I am pretty sure that won't work.

Any ideas?

I would prefer to keep using my Unix shortcuts here, as they're just easier for me. I think Launcherfrien does way more than I need it to.

I'm perfectly happy typing /mc i when I enter the game with these lol.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  5. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

6. Kuron

Kuron People Like Me

Alright, after two days of googling, here was what I needed to do:

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/restored-in-terminal.1822989/

I went with the general solution of System Preferences > General > Close Windows when quitting an app

Hope this helps someone else with a fresh install of mavericks!

7. Kuron

Kuron People Like Me

Sorry to reopen this, but I'm still on the hunt for the thread that assisted in creating the executable shortcuts seen on the right side of the screenshot below.

[​IMG]

This is different, yet similar to Lenas' Applescript solution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have no idea where this came from anymore.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  8. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  9. Kuron

Kuron People Like Me