Buttons not clickable in windowed mode

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Torrinn, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Torrinn

Torrinn Active Member

I have added the line WindowedMode=TRUE but when I get to the character select screen, the Terminal box overlaps it and none of the buttons are clickable so I can't choose the character I want to play. Is this a known issue that there is a fix for or am I the only one to have this happen?

Oh, and the mouse pointer is locked to the EQ mouse pointer so I can't leave the EQ window to take control of the window from the desktop, either.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  2. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

What client?

3. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

If you're in Mac you have to choose character with keyboard and hit enter. If you haven't made one on that account yet you must launch in full screen to create one, then can launch windowed thereafter. Once in game type "/mc I" or anything after /mc really. And then hit enter. Will stick your mouse to the window. Will have to do this each time you launch an instance but only once per. It becomes so second nature you will forget you're doing it pretty soon.

4. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

Can you use your keyboard arrows to go up and down the character list ? Then hit Enter ?

5. Tesadar

Tesadar Active Member

If your using mac client. After you launch the game quickly double click the bouncing EQ icon before the game launches. Youll have full mouse control. Whats happening is the mouse is still in desktop mode and eq is just a overlay window. Clicking the icon makes the EQ window take full mouse control.

Ps i suck at tech talk but i think people will get my point.