Adding Item Links to Hotkeys

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MikayahEQ, Aug 8, 2016.

1. MikayahEQ

MikayahEQ Well-Known Member

I've posted a new guide on the Wiki with instructions on how you can add item links to your social hotkeys to add a bit of flair to your hotkey messages.

[​IMG]

The guide was made with Mac in mind, but I included a PC section, which I believe will also work (untested). I've also included a link to download a text file with the required special character, since it will not simply display in a web browser.

The guide is currently focused on replacing the %T command with an item link, but I believe with a Small modification (replacing the %T with the desired item name) you could follow the same steps to create an auction hotkey, etc.

Post here if it does not work for you.

http://wiki.takp.info/index.php?title=Adding_Item_Links_to_Hotkeys

h/t to Scryll who figured this out first on PC, and helped me figure out what I'd been messing up on Mac. And to Pouky who worked with Scryll and got it work on Mac before I did. :)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    krakmojo and Lenas like this.
  2. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Great wiki writeup :D

MikayahEQ likes this.
  3. Synthetix

Synthetix Well-Known Member

4. benoeb

benoeb People Like Me

Great write up Fin, but I have a question.

Your "Item Links Example" and your "Example of what you'll / group members will see:" are completely different unless I'm missing something obvious. What if I want to inject a person's name into the macro instead of an item, would I just put their name inbetween the DC2 tags?

[​IMG]

Interesting Alt+18 and Ctrl+R do two different things in windows:

[​IMG]

5. MikayahEQ

In order for the name to appear as a link, there must be an item number of at least 6 characters included, otherwise EQ will grab the first 6 characters of your target's name, convert the letters to numbers and display a random item, with only the remaining letters after the first 6 as the actual link. Just also include your %T after the item code and before the closing DC2 and it will show your targets name as the name of the link. When the link is clicked on, it will still display whatever item you chose, but it will display the targets name.

For example: /g Complete Heal in on << DC2 006344 %T DC2

With that said, if you do not want it to display your target, I believe you can use any text you want, instead of the %T before the closing DC2, however the only useful context I can think of for this is creating a hotkey for items you want to sell, in which case you would use the actual name of the item you linked. I have not had the need to use this functionality, so I have not tested in our client.

6. benoeb

benoeb People Like Me

Ok so it can be any 6 digit item number as long as its before %t or say a static name such as Lenas

7. MikayahEQ

I can definitely confirm on the %T. I believe the static name is correct, as well, but I will confirm tonight.

8. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Correct

9. Synthetix

Synthetix Well-Known Member

You can basicly write whatever you want:

[​IMG]

Zacharg and MikayahEQ like this.
  10. Tollen

Tollen Member

I like using item # for can of whoop ass for my link