Account(s) question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kattibrie, Jan 13, 2016.

1. kattibrie

kattibrie New Member

Afternoon,

My husband and I are just getting started here, but I have a question on double boxing that I couldn't easily find the answer for. Not sure if I'm using the right search terms.

My question stems from the bannable offence if someone is caught using two accounts. My husband and I both want to double box, just two accounts for both of us, but will it look like there are four connections from our same IP address? I don't want it to look like we're breaking any rules. My husband and I weren't able to play together on Project 1999 because it wouldn't allow more than one connection for an IP address. (We requested the IP exemption there, but got tired of waiting.)

I just wanted to make sure that we didn't get banned.

Thanks!

2. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

You are allowed to play up to 3 boxes per real person. That means you could 6box between the two of you and not break any rules.

You can request an IP exemption from the administrators here (go into chat, ask and wait) to give you the okay. Don't ask and leave though! People in the chat room are often AFK but you will get a response.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  3. kattibrie

kattibrie New Member

Thank you for the information! That's what I needed.

4. Khorpus

Khorpus Well-Known Member

Welcome, both of you! Always glad to see more folks. My girl and I had the same issue when we started, the easiest way to get the IP exemption required would be to make all of your characters first (so they know which characters to give the exception to), and then contact Speedz via PM or often times can get it done quicker by simply clicking the "chat" link at the top left of the forums and asking for it there. So long as everything is legit and you're simply 2 people in the same home / IP then everything should be handled from there on out and you can level and play together to your hearts content! Happy hunting.

5. Khorpus

Khorpus Well-Known Member

Hah Lenas got to it before I did looks like, oh whale.

Lenas likes this.
  6. kattibrie

kattibrie New Member

Thank you both!

7. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Welcome aboard!