AA Exp Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slayzz, May 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

Curious if anyone knows what the equivalent exp requirement is for a single AA compared to say a LvL. I've done some very preliminary searching on google and it seems to be that the general consensus is that it's equivalent to around the same xp required for around LvL 50 or 51.

Just wondering if that sounds AKurate and if it's that simple or... if like most EQ things... there's a much more complicated system at play =). Just hoping it's not equivalent to say anything above LvL 54. God those levels are awful =).

Excited for Luclin and all that comes with it. Thanks again to the devs and everyone else who makes this server possible. Cheers

2. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

My AK recollection was that it was the same as level 51 numerically. My luclin recollections is that aaing took quite a while pre-pop (sweet ZEMs in pop).

Mokli and Slayzz like this.
  3. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

the aaxp on the dev server was adjusted to match what would be on takp if you guys want to go test that out.

Slayzz likes this.
  4. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

OK Will do Rob. I made a char on there and did some messing around pre-AA testing. I’ll go test it!

5. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Yeah should be same number required for 50->51 iirc

Slayzz likes this.
  6. souske

souske Well-Known Member

I thought it was more like lvl 51 to 52 than 50 to 51.

Lenas and Slayzz like this.
  7. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

I think it's equivalent of lvl 51 - 52
    don't have the best sources, but found these

https://strategywiki.org/wiki/EverQuest/Frequently_Asked_Questions
    The amount of AAXP needed for one AA point is equivalent to leveling from levels 51 to 52.

https://thesafehouse.org/forums/forum/everquest-wing/the-back-alley/18332-aas-per-level
    Important part is . . .

51 = 1 AA (exactly)
    52 = 1.5 aa
    53 = 1.5 aa
    54 = 2.5 aa (first hell level)
    55 = 3 aa
    56 = 3 aa
    57 = 3 aa (closer to 3.125 but who's counting)
    58 = 3.5 aa
    59 = 4 aa (second hell level)
    60 = 2.5 aa (yes, 59 -is- harder than 60)
    61 = 4.5 aa (nope, 61's harder than 59)
    62 = 5 aa
    63 = 5 aa
    64 = 5.5 aa
    65 = 6 aa

https://web.archive.org/web/20050410205815/http://www.therunes.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=361
    At level 51, it takes you the same experience to get to level 52 as to get an AA. At level 65, it takes you 5 times longer to get to level 66 as to get an AA.

Lenas, Aegnor Eldruin and Slayzz like this.
  8. Tryfan

Tryfan People Like Me

As I underatand it, however, while the number of exp points is the same as the width of L51, you tend to be killing higher level monsters worth more exp at L60, making an aa at 60 take considerably less time than L52 probably did, as long as you're not like trying to do it on light blues.

1 aa an hour was trivial (maybe even slow) with just a plain old pulling group in Luclin. Not many people blew through 51 like that unless they were in an ae group. (Or Tolon!)

9. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

something else to keep in mind: you will be grinding AA exp with raid-geared characters, not your shitty lvl 50 alts

10. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

From my experience in Luclin, an AA took between 45 minutes and 90 minutes, depending how much DPS you had in your group and the amount of targets available. Soloing AA in Luclin at Fungus Grove for melees was a slow and steady 2.5-3 hours per AA. Depending on which fungus patch you had. I'm sure these days we'd have much better places to choose from given our knowledge.

11. lurari

lurari People Like Me

You say this like it's an advantage.

A shitty lvl 50 alt that's a wizard does more DPS than a raid-geared ranger.

A shitty lvl 50 alt that's a warrior tanks better than a raid-geared monk (thx AA for more AC).

12. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

A raid geared ranger deals more dps than a raid geared cleric !

Ripwind and Slayzz like this.
  13. Smudge

Smudge People Like Me

This has been tested thoroughly. GJ Neea and Lulu

Neealana likes this.
  14. Loraen

Loraen Well-Known Member

I expect massive AE groups. Personally I plan to AFK piggyback on the 1000+ AAs Rimidal will need for his army.

Also I hope that after Luclin launches we can have a serious discussion about Monk AC. It's pretty sad when Zyzzix abandons his Monk with practically full BIS for Velious and an Abashi's. Even with the additional AC Monks would still be one of the weakest classes (consider that in Gates Monks got discs on separate timers, skill cap increases, 2 minute forget while down, AAs that prevent FD being broken, dungeons with higher level NPCs where not everything could be charmed/pacified, etc) but it would be a nice bone to throw and one that would easily fall under the bug fix category IMO.

Or I could just reroll SK . . .

15. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Reroll SK. Start a dark crusade.

16. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Dunno, you guys chose to build box crews centered around monks as tanks.

If we are increasing AC for other leather classes, Druids could use some of that love. I know I'd benefit from being able to tank hits better!

17. Devour_Souls

Devour_Souls People Like Me

18. Loraen

Loraen Well-Known Member

I'm really amazed that anyone thought this gif was funny, let alone acceptable.

19. RedFerno

RedFerno Member

I find it hilarious but I'm also older and enjoy the movie when it first came out. Eddie made fun of everything.. Off to find my gooney goo go..

20. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Reroll SK. Start a dark crusade.

21. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

We discussed monk AC. Again.

It's AKurate. No plans to change.

H

22. J1zmak

J1zmak Well-Known Member

Hey if we are derailing this thread, forget monk AC. I'd rather have a discussion on bringing back tick pulling, cause that was removed after they gave monks all these newfangled pacify/memblur abilities and improvements to FD.

Edit: and it would be AKurate!

23. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

derailing a thread can end up locking up this thread.

Slayzz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.