8-17-2022

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Aug 17, 2022.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Solar

* Don't count unattackable pets for target limit on rain spells
    * Animate casters even if spell message is filtered out
    * changed Breath of Harmony and Lute of the Flowing Waters to act as a normal instant clicky not a repeating song.
    * auto return corpses to PoP graveyards if they're moved too far out of it
    * try to fix unreliable clicks at bertox throne and potime dial
    Haynar
    * Added change from pre-navmesh merge which might help with short timeouts at character select.
    * Merged more pre-navmesh changes associated with stale connections.

Database:
    Torven

* Some living NPCs could not see through Invis to Undead in various zones and this was corrected.

Script:
    Elroz

* Finished final pass of Vanilla quests (the list is updated and easy to see what information is missing for each quest, as things get found, they'll be added on TAKP). This update includes Erudin, Paineel, Kerra isle, Temple of Sol Ro, Vanilla Armor quests, and plane of sky quest/dialogue updates.
    * Finished final pass of Kunark quests (Class epics will be worked on next, this update only includes Monk epic.)
    * Dozekar quests in Temple of Veeshan now only require Kindly faction instead of Ally.
    * Monk epic no longer *requires* handing Trunt's head to Deep in Lake Rathe.

2. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Just clarifying, that this change means you can no longer drag corpses in PoP zones basically?

3. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Or you just have to beat the first GY timer I guess

4. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

Yes, once they're expired they can't be dragged around for corpse tricks. Apparently it was a bit too aggressive, it's cleaning up NPC corpses too, will see about hotfixing that.

Toomuch and Mokli like this.
  5. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

* auto return corpses to PoP graveyards if they're moved too far out of it

How was this taken too aggressively? Dragging corpses and rezzing for flags is a very nice way of helping people get flags.
    Can we get the 85% rule now? Or the ol' AK follow the same corpse logic that we have now.

6. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

You can drag corpses for flags. Die, and you have like 20-30 minutes to drag before the corpse timer triggers.

I don’t really see this being necessary at all for flagging?

7. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

i think he means the code was too aggressive because it was affecting NPC corpses.

8. Smudge

Smudge People Like Me

I think he was referring to it being so aggressive that it was making NPC corpses GY after the patch. Hence the hotfix.

9. solar

Right, didn't mean to move NPC corpse just player corpse.

10. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

We use to pre-corpse alts so they already went to the GY and could be dragged. You bring your strongest and drag the others for flags, etc. So, I see where it may hurt some. In the end, you'll just have to beat the timer now with a drag or summon.

11. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

But why was this change to GY logic added?

12. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

I’m just trying to think of areas where this is relevant?

MB you can precamp for or clear like 6 trash after MB dies and run everyone from zone in.
    Grummus you can CotH to
    Carprin you clear through and it’s generally clear by the time you finish even if not you can easily drag that in time.
    Bertox is easily precampable.
    AD you can precamp in the lair
    HoH you can invis between all the trial and precamp after each hail.
    LMM you can invis up to wherever you’re gonna kill and precamp.
    TZ/VZ wings are cleared fast enough that you can run up after it’s dead
    RZ you can precamp on the ledge

Agnarr and Saryrn have port ups which require you drag the Alts along.

Im just not seeing where this is really useful but maybe I’m just not thinking about this enough.

13. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

The logic was added because that’s how it was on AK. Attempting to drag a corpse away from graveyard after it has already landed in the yard would result in it leashing back after a tick or so.

Almost as though the game client would pulse a check on corpses older than the GY timer every game tick and re-graveyard them.

14. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

For some specific examples on AK we farmed Xegony a lot and would corpse and Necro summon up to the island. We would always instruct people to die in waves, not all at once. When too many people died and too few Necromancers attended we would inevitably have a corpse or two graveyard and those people couldn’t be summoned up. They had to die again for a new corpse.

15. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

It basically just delays raids now for zones where corpse summoning is required like PoEb. People in the past would get their corpses situated during the day so it could be summoned around raidtime if they couldn't get on early for the raid.

Its how I remember it on live though. GY's were 'sticky'.

16. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

Coirnav is an area that is annoying to corpse drag to and cannot corpse summon. Xegony corpse summoning gunna be exciting now.

17. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

How Darchon mentioned Xegony dragging above works here.

And yeah, Coirnav dragging alts will be a pain now especially with the timer being 20 minutes. Not sure you can clear to it in time, so if maxed out on online toons, there will be swapping and rezzing going on, which basically means alts are too much of a pain for people to bother with.

18. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

So I’m not understanding this. If you’re going through all the effort of dying, waiting 30 min on graveyard, corpse summoning and then rezzing after the kill. Why don’t you rez before the kill and camp out?

Same situation with Coirnav. There’s lots of areas in Coirnav’s room that are completely safe to AFK. You can always camp out in advance?

19. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

The issue is getting to Coirnav's room. When I preparked guildmembers' toons for flags, I drug them from ZL while we cleared down and then rezzed them before engage.

showstring likes this.
  20. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

PoEB is one example, but i think PoEA is a better example where we used this trick a lot. People would show up early on in the day on their alts, die and consent their mains. Then they could bring their stronger mains along to the 4 ring events and drag the alt corpses along for the MAoE hail at the end.

HoH is another one. Invising between trials is certainly possible, but also a huge timesink if everyone is swapping chars and doing each run twice. Dragging corpses along and rezzing them at each trial saves a bunch of time.

For Coirnav not everyone has the capability of dragging their alts down below and camping them out.

The list goes on

showstring likes this.
  21. Smudge

Smudge People Like Me

This might be an unpopular opinion, but maybe if the alt your trying to EP flag can't be a contributing member of a raid... then maybe they shouldn't be EP flagged. There's enough crappy alts in the EPs already ;)

Cadsuane likes this.
  22. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

That's neither here nor there. I'm just pointing out cases where this was useful. I'm fine with the change, and we'll adjust.

Even on really simple raids like MB, it still saved time being able to drag corpses along with the raid and rez them at the end. Now everything just takes longer. No biggie.

Radda and Smudge like this.
  23. Smudge

Smudge People Like Me

For sure. I can definitely see why it was useful. I didn't even think to try dragging a GY'd corpse because I just assumed it was akkurate and that they would leash.

24. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

You don't have to group with them, but they don't have to be crappy alts (and usually aren't), just not ideal for those fights. But this whole thread is basically moot anyway.

25. solar

This is just my understanding of it, I don't actually know what the designers were thinking, but here goes. The graveyards in PoP are mainly to stop corpse tricks. You can't rez in place unless some people survive or you're fast enough at getting back there. So a full wipe means getting kicked back to the start. Imagine people wiping to the trash on the way to Terris Thule. I know this doesn't happen often here, but that event can be done with a bunch of level 50ish people and they would take much longer to clear it to where they would have respawn behind them. Players weren't expected to rotate this stuff either, it was designed for PvP - training, leapfrogging, DPS racing. The graveyards make all that cleaner for everybody.

There is a good side to it too - it makes sure you never lose your corpse the way it could happen in old dungeons, especially since many PoP zones contain one way areas. That allowed designing events like the hedge maze and PoJ trials without always having to worry about scripting some corpse recovery mechanism for it or people dying out of bounds or whatever.

Elroz likes this.
  26. Mardark

Mardark Member

Who else would buy Temerity’s rots?

Pithy likes this.
  27. shorttin

shorttin Member

woohoo +1 for the akkurate crowd!

28. kai4785

kai4785 People Like Me

"Main Bank" door doesn't seem to open today.

solar likes this.
  29. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Guess I just didn't realize how widespread the corpse drag usage was, never thought to try it since they just leashed on AK. But yea its not the end of the world, there's always a way around an issue it just may not be as straight forward or quick. As noted in most spots either CotHing, corpse summoning or precamping are viable alternatives. In a few spots like the MAoE crawl, yea you just will have to drag along the character or kill them once the 4th ring dies and drag em along

30. actualspaide

actualspaide People Like Me

We are focused on graveyards and not the fact we dont need ally for doze quests! Gear those alts up