8-2-2023

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Aug 2, 2023.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Solar

* improved logic around cancel magic spells - some effects that contain dispels should be considered detrimental and shouldn't affect targets that wouldn't normally be attackable. these are mostly NPC spells like dragon breaths and also Song of Highsun
    * reset AA timer if Wake The Dead ability fails to work

Database:
    Elroz

* Druids, Rangers, and Wolf Form will now con amiable to wolves/bears instead of Dubious
    * Most bixies in misty will be level 1 and smaller size now, the PH for bixie queen is level 2 and slightly larger.
    * Added Timvu to qcat
    * Added "a bixie" to east commonlands
    * Added "a fire hatchling" to qeynos2
    * Added Nindle Hogster to qeynos (prexus fisherman convert npc)
    * Made diseased rats and black wolves KOS to Old Gourdhead in misty
    * Fixed up cloth drop rates on decaying skeletons to be more uniform, some pieces were way too rare and some were a bit too common. Overall it will be a higher drop rate here, but may still be lower than AK's drop rate.
    Torven
    * blackburrow: gnoll guardsman spawns split between higher level and lower level versions.
    * blackburrow: Minor adjustments to some NPC level ranges and hitpoints.
    * crushbone: Spawn diversity and level ranges adjusted for accuracy. Most notably the mobs in near zone-in are lower level.
    * crushbone: See invisible applied to a couple of NPCs.

Script:
    Elroz

* Added missing dialogue to 4 circle of unseen hands npcs in qcat
    * Added script to spawn 1-4 fire hatchlings when Queen Klicnik dies
    Robregen
    * fixed various script errors.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2023
    Mechaike, Foxboxx, RossGuy and 2 others like this.
  2. kai4785

kai4785 People Like Me

Am I to read that some dragon breaths and Song of Highsun were considered beneficial spells? If not, I'm afraid I don't understand how to parse this.

3. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

Things like Cancel Magic need to work on enemies and friendlies, nukes are simpler and don't work on friendlies. So just some of that wasn't right. It's surprisingly difficult to determine what's an enemy and what's a friendly in some situations and then add stuff like Bind Affinity and Cancel Magic to the mix..
    Dragon dreaths and Song of Highsun (for example) are Cancel Magic spells but those are never friendly I guess.

4. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Does that affect the resistability of cancel magic spells? I thought they were made beneficial to make them unresistable in the past.

5. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

No it shouldn't affect that.

6. actualspaide

actualspaide People Like Me

Just to make a point on the resistability of the spells solar brought up in particular, they were never unresistable. High sun and dragon breath are what in refering too. And my understanding is this change wont change that.

Cadsuane likes this.
  7. Foxboxx

Foxboxx People Like Me

Yeeeees. I just thought I had some bad luck when trying to take my warrior there early and the orc cents at entrance were all near or at their max level!

8. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

FYI for those running forks of our server: I made half the edits to Crushbone last night and those didn't make it into the August DB dump. And some of the Crushbone spawns are actually too low level in that dump because I wasn't aware that it was about to be posted so I didn't have them in a state I could consider acceptable. (orc centurions will be too low level) I would urge you guys to update your databases later for the next several months when we post new ones. Secrets' server and Zaide's stream are motivating us (at least me, Elroz was already working) to improve the classic era content which isn't as polished as later eras.

Database edit patch notes will be more verbose from now on as well. I used to not mention a lot of these very minor improvements that would largely go unnoticed.

kicnlag, Break, Aithne and 2 others like this.
  9. Mechaike

Mechaike Well-Known Member

All the extra love for earlier content warms my heart.

Palarran and Foxboxx like this.
  10. badpoet

badpoet Member

Just a note, I'm on a Mac and Wake the Dead bugged out on me a few times while kiting at tables. AA didn't go off and the button was not greyed out but it reset the timer.