6-15-2018 (hotfix)

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Jun 16, 2018.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Haynar

* Added a quick fix for Riposte Disc vs Enraged mob, to prevent crashing.
    * Changed some of the fixes for falling below world.
    * Added back keep alive packets for UCS. Since it was more stable before.
    * Fixed an issue with how mobs calculate fear points when feared or fleeing, to prevent falling below world as often.

Database:
    Torven

* Cleric and Wizard pets no longer flagged to tank.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    Dane likes this.
  2. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Just had some crazy under the world / stuck Trakanon action, he was owning us but nobody could hit him or cast on him. We pulled to tunnel.
    So still some funky under-the-world business going on :(

3. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Pets don't seem to follow fleeting NPCs into the water.

Camping ancient cyclops in OOT, when the mob flees into water, pet goes off somewhere and gets lost unable to follow it.

4. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

One fix for something else likely broke this.

Working on it.

5. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Pets keep falling below world. Trying to figure out why. I can reproduce it, which is good. I just need to add more debug code and figure out whats causing it.

6. Morbo

Morbo Well-Known Member

I have noticed something a bit odd when trioing. I guess this has to do with "fear points" which I did not know existed. This is what is happening:

War/Enc/Clr trio in KC (have noticed in other zones) War/charm pet beat on mob until it is low health
    It is not snared, rooted or feared
    Mobs flees
    Charm pet follows it, beating on it
    If my warrior is not in melee range the mob will stop running and turn around and attack the charm pet
    Scenario #1: Warrior does not resume the fight. Once the charm pet gets the mob to even lower health (5% mabye? Depends) it will start running again.
    Scenario #2: Warrior comes back into melee range almost immediately and the mob resumes fleeing.

Is this just that a PC gives the mob more "fear points" and therefore if my war is in melee range it will run?

Another one I just thought of. If I have a charm pet that as a normal mob would flee at low health (A drolvarg sentry in KC, for example) and I break charm at low health:
    If enchanter is in melee range when the charm breaks the mob beats on her and does not flee.
    If enchanter is not in melee range the mob runs to attack the enchanter, after a heartbeat it realizes that it is low health and starts to run. The enchanter must be at least as far away as the mob can travel in a heartbeat, however; because if the mob can get a melee round off it will not flee. (Most of the time, I have also noticed that sometimes the charm pet will get one round off on the ench and then flee).

Not sure if these are bugs or intended behavior based on EQs too complicated everything.

7. Loraen

Loraen Well-Known Member

Mob flee percentage is based on it's relative level to you, and the charmed pet is lower level. At least, this is what I think was happening to me in mischief.

8. Tyrion

Tyrion Well-Known Member

Noticed in chardok i'm getting mobs stuck in walls fairly frequently now so something is borked.