5-17-2017

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, May 17, 2017.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Cavedude

* Fixed corpses not displaying the correct armor appearance.
    * Changed many instances of printf to use Log() instead to prevent writing to file.
    * Potion families (regular, minor, greater) will now use clicklevel instead of the caster's level for the spell effect level.
    * Removed attuned code, which was already largely disabled anyway. Also… removed color methods from the ItemInst code, which was a remnant from armor dye.
    * Feigned before an NPC begins to flee will again clear damage credit.
    * Renamed RemoveDamageCredit() to RemoveFromDamageCredit() to be uniform with existing methods in this code block.
    * Added PERMAROOT_FLEE special ability to force a NPC to flee (turn and stop attacking) when permarooted. They will attack as normal when rooted by a spell.
    * Moved PERMAROOT_FLEE to DESTRUCTIBLE_OBJECT's position since that isn't used.
    * Selling an equipped item to a merchant will now properly update your appearance.
    * Added the ability to force a NPC to equip a loot drop item. This can be used if you need a NPC to prefer one item over another in a specific slot. It can also force a NPC to equip a bow or other ranged weapon instead of primary/secondary items. Once an item is forced into a slot, items added later will not override it.
    * Ranged items will now display properly in-game for NPCs.
    * Fixed an issue causing NPCs to not equip ammo items.
    * Made several changes to AddLootDrop() to reduce memory usage and make the code easier to read.
    * The method NPCs use to determine item material in AddLootDrop() for OP_WearChange is now matches the one used by all mobs in GetEquipmentMaterial().
    * Moved several NPC equipment methods from npc.cpp and mob.cpp to loottables.cpp.
    * Changed AddLootDrop() calls to be uniform with the database column's default values.
    * Removed several methods that were duplicates or no longer used in the NPC equipment code. (RemoveItem() being one of the primary ones.)
    * Rewrote three methods that delete NPC items to be safer, to send out OP_WearChange, and to properly clear the equipment variable for the given slot.
    * Fixed some odd behavior that occurred when a NPC has duplicate items and they have their pockets picked.
    * Hopefully improved the loading of Bazaar trader items.
    * Added rule AlKabor:LightBlueExpPenalty which controls how much of an experience penalty light blue conned mobs will have. This can be tweaked until it feels AKcurate if need be.
    * Removed the Client variable XPRate which was unused.
    * Removed support for evolving items, and several item columns we are not using in the database.
    * Added rules to change the exp percentage for each con except green.
    * Feign will no longer prevent exp gain while in a group.
    * Anybody in a group can now accept a raid invite on behalf of their group, assuming the whole group is in the same zone.
    * Merchants with merchantid 0 will no longer open a merchant window.
    * Updated the rules regarding bracer textures to match how the client handles them. If a bracer is in the left slot, it should now always be favored over the right.
    * Corrected an issue in the WearChange struct which hopefully fixes a few random minor problems we've seen.
    * Removed some custom messages sent by merchants.
    * Removed server agreement rules.
    Haynar
    * Restored a change to spell casting animations.
    * Fixed some comparisons in eqstream.
    * Improved some of the timer functions to be more efficient. This reduces idle zone cpu usage.
    * Removed unused Lua methods for Archery and Throwing Attacks.
    * Changed delay range for static mobs, when they return home, after losing aggro. This is closer to how EQLive behaves.
    * Improved some of the precision calculations associated with geometry calculations.
    * Optimized the calculate heading to target, to go directly from radians to EQ angles. Rather than go Radians -> 0-360 degrees -> EQ angles.
    * Added delayed damage for bolt spells, archery and thrown weapons.
    * Added mob and geometry collisions for bolt spells, archery and thrown weapons.
    * Mobs fleeing should stop turning to face their attackers behind them (hopefully got rest of cases where this was happening).
    * NPCs spawned with the #spawn command will now have a default size assigned.

Database
    Robregen

* All Gorilla type NPC in Plane of Mischief should drop Library card.
    * Slightly increase drop chance for Hilt of the Nobleman from skeleton in Najena.
    * Vengeful skeletons in everfrost should no longer flee at low health.
    Cavedude
    * fixed the graphic for Frist Giant Femur
    * Fixed alchemy skills.

2. Grosk

Grosk Member

Thank you for all your continued hard work!

showstring and robregen like this.
  3. jcmtg

jcmtg New Member

I was reading about Pet Pulling yesterday and I ran into (Server) Tick Pulling. This sounds like that?

4. robregen

bring server down due to a world issue. Will note it here when it's fixed.

5. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

thx

6. Mascha

Mascha People Like Me

In Big Bang Theory there is a episode where Howard and Raj try to find the Playboy Villa with all the gorgeous models in it. I imagine you devs are doing the same, working in a huge villa in Hollywood, enjoying life and it only gets hectic when a patch is applied. Right, guys? And yes, I am bored, hehe.

7. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

why would you watch murices tv in germany? unless it had the Hoff on it

8. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

murican*

9. Mascha

Mascha People Like Me

Oh, I enjoyed watching Hoff eating his Burger from the floor. But you have heard of Netflix, Bum, even in rural Texas?

10. robregen

Code:
    Haynar

* Fixed the timer issue causing world to not allow logins.

11. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Not even close.

12. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

13. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

another amazing patch, thank you devs!

14. shortok

shortok People Like Me

>Added mob and geometry collisions for bolt spells, archery and thrown weapons.

Can't get arrows to collide with giant 25ft tall hobbits for some reason.

15. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

So arrows won't hit giants for shorty shooting arrows?

16. shortok

shortok People Like Me

I mean, I wasn't the one shootin' 'em.

17. shortok

shortok People Like Me

Doobis arrows.

18. robregen

npc shooting arrows at other npc is what Shortok is saying.

Noktaris likes this.
  19. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Have to look at that specific case closer.