5-10-2023

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, May 10, 2023.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Solar

* World server zone name /who filter changed to admin only.
    * Fix NPCs attacking players from out of range.
    * Added check for item class when NPCs consider items to equip. This prevents erroneously equipping things like bags and books that may have equip slots defined as the slots only make sense for equippable items.
    * Check NPC enrage timer while stunned. This should fix the issue with pets enraging for longer than intended while fighting NPCs with long duration stuns.
    * Made secondary attack chance calculation more precise.
    * Fixed Suspended Minion AA so it saves and restores the item focus state of the pet (Shovel of Ponz and similar items).
    * Fixed some items with worn effects not applying their effect properly, mostly see invis related items that were created from old PEQ data.
    Robregen
    * Various clean up with tradeskill, zoning, and item_instance codes.
    * Added missing color to item_instance coding.
    * removed the wearchange texture on zone connect since color were added to itemInstance.

Database:
    Elroz

* More touchup work in all of the Karanas. Emotes, faction hits, level ranges. Karana Bandits are KOS to animals and beetles now.
    * East Karana NPCs will correctly attack each other (Mucktail gnolls fight a variety of mobs including animals, griffawns, spiders, and bandits).
    * Spiders in East Karana should assist each other now, snakes will assist snakes also.
    * Added missing agro/death/killed-you emotes to Dragon Necropolis and West Wastes (Zlandicar, Harla Dar, Myga, bunch of DN mobs)
    Robregen
    * Remove some level requirement from worn effect from certain old peq item that was preventing the players from equiping.

Script:
    Elroz

* Added/Updated some vanilla quests, dialogue, faction hits etc. Mostly dialogues with side lore for soulfire and rogue epic npcs (credit to nilbog for quite a few of those)
    * Fixed a bunch of my old vanilla commits regarding insufficient faction in the qeynos, highpass, and karanas areas, they should only give the insufficient faction message for their specific dialogues, not if you ask them about something they shouldn't respond to at all.

Last edited: May 10, 2023
    Cadsuane, Inacht, showstring and 2 others like this.
  2. Aithne

Aithne Member

My armor is white instead of blue after zoning. When re-equipping the pieces, it returns to its rightful color.

solar likes this.
  3. Manstache

Manstache Active Member

Was this an AK specific thing?

4. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

5. xait_thegreat

xait_thegreat Member

that just seems silly for it to be a gm only command. :/

RichardCox likes this.
  6. robregen

will do a hotfix for this. Well it isn't really an emergency but Solar wants to do something with the database while the server is down so this would be a good time to do it.

Aithne likes this.
  7. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

Would be fun to keep the armor glitch for this reset.

Is it truly necessary to remove /zone who commands? This seems like a net negative for the server, especially for something we've used for the past 7 years to find groups and check if things are camped.

Ripwind and Break like this.
  8. robregen

It was only necessary if we want it to be Akurate. who all <zonename> was removed during Velious when they removed the server population numbers.

9. solar

Please discuss this /who all stuff in the other thread, there are lots of other changes this patch and would like to keep this clean for problem reports. Thanks!

10. RichardCox

RichardCox Active Member

*World server zone name /who filter changed to admin only.*
    I fear I'll play even less now if I know I can spend ten minutes spinning up my trio to arrive at my favorite camp and find it occupied. What is gained by this?

11. Barnd0g

Barnd0g People Like Me

It's the only notable thing here but ok...ps if we went by that logic we would't have time BPs I assume? Also I'm not sure what purpose this cheery picked element will do, but it's a pretty massive negative change for everyone and I don't see what the benefit is?

RichardCox likes this.
  12. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

Ahh shit, no more invulnerable pets during Vallon Zek.

13. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

14. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Not sure if it changed this patch or in a recent one, since we haven't had that mob on rotation until this reset for a while.

15. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Actually, I see that in Allaclone that the PBAE range is 50, but the spell range is 200. I suppose its possible someone in the main raid got aggro for a second to get that casted on them. If it is indeed a targetable AE type spell. I've always thought it was a PBAE from the NPC location. I guess we'll see if it happens again next time.

16. solar

The effective range should be 50 * 1.25, it's not a targetable spell.

17. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

My melee at the mob was blind at the same time as my healer more than 100' away, so something may be off there.

18. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

It didn't happen again last night, so very odd. Its possible the first time the raid was right on the edge of the AE range I guess.