10-25-2023

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Oct 25, 2023.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Solar

* don't send empty client list packets to world from empty zones
    * rewrote food/water consumption, see https://www.takproject.net/forums/index.php?threads/food-consumption.26858/
    * removed some unused references to database column character_data.famished that are no longer needed
    * removed endurance resource related code in preparation for implementing fatigue
    * implemented fatigue (yellow bar) and related spell effects, see https://www.takproject.net/forums/index.php?threads/fatigue.26896/
    * fix an error with fading root on damage
    * netcode crashfix, increment reference count on new connections sooner to avoid a rare crash when connections get deleted before they're finished connecting.
    * fix checking skill up twice for instill doubt skill
    * adjust spell haste calculation to fix some spells that didn't match client cast time

Database:
    Elroz

* Fixed up Rivervale guard loot tables
    * Fixed up low level Qeynos guard loot tables in qeynos
    * Fixed up Oggok guard and feerrott bouncer loot tables
    * Added missing "research component" tables to some vanilla npcs that were missing them (20'ish npcs across many zones)
    * Added 4 missing druid/ranger npcs in ecommons and fixed up all 6 of these npcs loot tables
    * Added Stone of the Shadowed Winds to "a cral ligi warlord" in tenebrous, uncommon drop.
    * Fixed up the gnoll/undead camp in lake rathe
    * Added 1 hour variance to glacier bear/ph spawn in everfrost
    * Captain Tillin is now on Qeynos Guard faction instead of Steel Warrior
    * Added missing npcs Lodrand Dindlenod and Thetherthag Wakintrob in steamfont minotaur mines, they get killed by minotaurs on spawn
    * Started working on day/night spawn times, evidence is heavily pointing toward 7pm --> 4:59am being the uniform night hours. Applied this to ancient cyclops cycle in sro, lake rathe gnoll/undeads, mistmoore gypsy/werewolves, lord grimrot, east karana undead gnolls, erud's crossing sailors. Will most likely apply to kithicor undead, jracol in qeynos2, and pyzjn in the future once confirmed.
    * Fixed up Kalayia Woodwhisper spawn table and pathing in lfaydark
    * Added missing npc Mildin Whistler in kith
    * Went through every npc loot table in gukbottom/guktop and fixed them up
    Robregen
    * Neriak 3rd Gate: Added missing vendor Hutyn_L`Lozz and Petra_D`Dbth
    * SoldungA: fixed one of the drawbridge that suppose to position horizontal instead of vertical.

Misc:
    Robregen

* SoldungA: fixing pathing when pulling down the stairs

benoeb, Mechaike, Yaximus and 5 others like this.
  2. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Is this mainly for classic zones or will it be adapted to the Katta Centurions for example?

3. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

it's in some classic zones for now, until i can test and make sure for the rest - we had different day/night in different zones and i thought it seemed strange. Dance of the fireflies was set for 7pm --> 4:59am but yet night spawns were usually 8pm-8am, or 8pm-6am, or 10pm-6am etc, different in most zones on takp. I checked on live and our dance of fireflies timer was the same, then I started testing night spawns in each zone and they've all lined up with those times so far.

Mokli and solar like this.
  4. Elroz

all lined up with dance of the fireflies times *

5. Tyrion

Tyrion Well-Known Member

boxes continually crash at char select can't login.

Burfoot and Manstache like this.
  6. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

False start, really up now.

7. Elroz

oh i added a little newbie halloween thing, it's really just there for the spooky skies on takp

Neealana, showstring, Break and 3 others like this.
  8. Trollio55

Trollio55 Member

I was running through Innothule and stumbled upon a "Giant werewolf" that tried to cast dragon roar on me and dropped like 40x arterial blood. Is that part of the Halloween thing? I've never seen that before and can't find any info on it or the blood...

9. Elroz

yeah, it's from the event - i made a quick thing for newbies. There's a npc in most starting newbie areas, "Lorisyn Oakwynd", who is tracking down werewolves. I wanted to add werewolves and the orange skies like the old halloween 1999/2000 events but it's not very rewarding for players this far along in the server's progression. So it's more about the orange skies for halloween lol.

Smudge, RossGuy, Break and 1 other person like this.
  10. RossGuy

RossGuy Well-Known Member

Cool! Thanks, Elroz!

11. Nafse

Nafse Well-Known Member

Any bow quests from this Oakwynd guy?

12. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

I remember porting into WC maybe and werewolves being everywhere back then. Was fun. I think I also remember everyone turning into scarecrows around the rings too.

Elroz likes this.
  13. Delorne

Delorne People Like Me

Yeah, that same event had a zombie horde in the Karanas and something going on in the Rathe mountains too. Was a great halloween event that had some Lanys tie-ins by the GMs, if I remember correctly.

14. Elroz

yeah i have quite a few screenshots from that rathe mountains / EK halloween event, lasted for a week or two. The boss was a dracoliche bone dragon.

15. Frosst

Frosst Well-Known Member

The fatigue bar changes are cool, but I feel like it goes down too quickly during a fight. With max stamina on AK, I remember it would go down a little, but rarely down to zero like it does now.

That was a long time ago, so I may be mis-remembering. Anyone else have any thoughts/memories?

16. Frosst

Frosst Well-Known Member

Please ignore the above post. I went and checked my logs and found quite a few instances of the following:

[Sat Dec 29 13:27:41 2012] You are too fatigued to jump!

Thanks for the good work.

solar likes this.